Application Security Team Lead
Muenchen, Remote in Europe, Germany
We are driving a revolution! Today, Bitstamp is Europe’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and a cornerstone of the global crypto market. Our ambition is to expand our business and brand even further and are looking for innovative, ambitious and passionate people to be part of this story. We believe that the promise of crypto – and the decentralization of finance – should be a movement open to everyone. If this strikes a chord with you – then join us to make a difference.
We are hiring new team member, residing in Slovenia or other EU country, for the full remote position
Application Security Team Lead
As the Team Lead for the Application Security team, you will be responsible for managing and growing an established team of exceptional security engineers here at Bitstamp. You and your team will play a key role in mission critical projects and in ensuring the success of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hire and oversee a world-class team of application security engineers.
- Help the team grow their skills and experience.
- Provide subject-matter expert (SME) level input on secure coding, architecture, automation, issues, features, and processes.
- Participate in and support application security efforts, such as security/code reviews and threat modelling.
- Own the bug bounty program.
- Own secure development training efforts, and evangelise secure coding practices.
- Hold regular, weekly 1:1's with all members of the Application Security team.
- Create a sense of psychological safety on the team.
- Recommend security-related technical and process improvements.
- Author project plans for security initiatives.
- Train team members to screen candidates, conduct managerial interviews.
- Prepare and deliver meaningful metrics to Security and Engineering leadership.
What you’ll bring to Bitstamp:
- 2+ years experience with leading engineering teams.
- Proven track record as an experienced member of Application Security, DevSecOps, or Security Research teams - either as an individual contributor or as a manager.
- First hand experience with SAST, DAST, and/or vulnerability scanners.
- Experience with working at a SaaS, or product company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Capability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
- Ability to cope with change, and handle risk and uncertainty without stressing out.
- Willingness to be part of a security escalation on-call rotation.
- Strong understanding of non-appsec security issues, mitigations, and a solid grasp of the current global security landscape.
If you would like to join the Bitstamp story, send us your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking Apply for this job.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs