Manager, Services Operations
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager of Services Operation focused on Systems and Analytics. The Services Operations team is responsible for the systems and processes supporting the different services teams at Twilio. This included Customer Support, Professional Services & Customer Success. This role will focus on managing the Systems and Analytics team. On the analytics side, this role will manage a team of data analysts and BI engineers responsible for producing, and analyzing, reports to help drive the business to meet their goals and objectives. The person in this role will contribute their analytical expertise, working with various data sources to provide business insights and solve complex problems. On the systems side, this role will focus on managing multiple aspects of the systems that the different Services Teams utilize day to day. The responsibilities include system administration, configuration and vendor management. This is a great role for an operations professional looking to further develop their career in a fast pace, high growth company.
Twilio is looking for a person who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of managing, analysing and automating large data sets. As well as, managing SaaS applications utilized by a Services Organization. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in a management role, customer-facing preferred, in a web-based software- or product-based company
- Solid people management experience calling customer a team; responsible for hiring, scheduling, formal training, informal coaching, career development and performance management
- Deep analytical skills – comfort with tools/processes needed for data-driven decision-making. Tools could include Looker, Tableau or Einstein
- Solid project/program management skills
- 3+ prior experience with SaaS applications like Salesforce, Zendesk, Cloud Coach (or other PSA) or Gainsight.
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment – high-performing, adaptable, business-minded and highly accountable
- Proactive, motivated, organized, team-oriented, professional
- Patient, empathetic, and a unique ability to understand customer needs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to distill key takeaways quickly, especially in a technical environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As a Manager on the Services Operations Team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Understand various data sources used in sales compensation calculations
- NO SHENANIGANS: Collect, validate, analyze, manage sales compensation data to support commission processes and analyze sales performance results
- DON'T SETTLE: Automate commissions processing by connecting disparate data sources, developing and managing data models and creating scripts
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with Operations, Finance, IT and other functions to implement,improve and automate data processes
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Support the team in calculating monthly, quarterly and annual payouts based on achievement
- WRITE IT DOWN: Contribute to the development and improvement of systems to effectively capture, track and present compensation data.
Successful onboarding and launch of new customers and new use cases within existing customers is the cornerstone of Twilio’s rapid growth. We only succeed when our customers succeed. The Services Operations team is instrumental in enabling the support, customer experience & professional services teams to be world-class. Allowing these teams to focus on customers without systems or processes getting in the way.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.