Hosting Platform Engineer
xneeloReliable hosting with a stable network and round-the-clock support, we ensure that your website stays up, stays fast and stays supported.
Xneelo is a web hosting company of approximately 300 people, with teams in Cape Town (head office), Johannesburg, as well as Canada, Ukraine and India. We see ourselves as business enablers, stimulating the economy by helping the business mass market to interact and transact online.
About the role
We’re looking for a number of talented Hosting Platform Engineers to help us build, manage and scale our customer content hosting platforms.
If you love all things Internet, HTTP, -rwxr-x-r-x, IaC and open source in general, you could find a meaningful opportunity at xneelo. If you are after autonomy, mastery and purpose, come and chat with us. If you find a powerful sense of achievement in putting your skill and personal strengths into action to deliver customer value through world class Web application hosting platforms, then we really want to chat to you.
Location: Remote or Cape Town, South Africa
Timezone: UTC to UTC+3
We have two areas of need:
- Ensure ongoing performance, scalability and features of the current large scale hosting platform.
- Build our next generation Web hosting platform.
The strengths and experience of what we’re looking for will largely be common across both these areas:
- Extensive experience in largely open source based infrastructure systems management.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly should things not go quite according to the system availability plan.
- Skilled at proactively and hugely reducing the likelihood of the aforementioned plan situation - think SRE and avoiding data loss no matter what.
- Adept at systems thinking, modern IT infrastructure approaches (eg. Infrastructure as code) and applying devops practices to infrastructure management.
- Gets the difference between “done” and “97% done” and the potentially significant costs of the latter.
- Experience in Web hosting at scale will be an advantage.
Our current tech stack and tooling includes Debian Linux, Puppet, Ruby, Jenkins, Apache, Nginx, Proxmox, Openstack, Ceph, Terraform, Docker, Elastic, Gitlab, Yodiz and more. Experience with a reasonable number of these will be important. Even more important is your ability to use these and similar tools to innovate, solve complex IT infrastructure problems and to do this as a strong team player.
Ensuring our current hosting platform continues to play a pivotal role in creating raving fan customers remains a challenging objective and puts even the most seasoned systems engineer through their paces, giving them a strong sense of purpose in their role.
Building our next generation hosting platform will appeal to those who already have good skill and experience in modern infrastructure approaches and have not yet had the chance to see these skills really put to work in building large scale environments, with the highest quality and performance outcomes at play. This is an opportunity to get involved on a significant project while still in the formative stages.
We are looking for talented engineers for these roles and salary will be negotiable, commensurate with your skills and track record.
At xneelo, our sincere desire is that our team members are inspired by their success and able to operate with a high level of discretion and autonomy guided by our principles and values. We hope this appeals to you and look forward to hearing from you.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs