Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
New York City, Remote North America
MongoDB is a company passionate about empowering engineers by providing them with database and data platform technologies that are intuitive, powerful, and scalable.
In order for the Server engineers developing the MongoDB database to have confidence in the quality of the products they’re building, the Server Tooling and Methods (STM) team is a Developer Productivity team focused on developing tools and automated systems to make it easy to verify both the correctness and performance of the database. The team combines skills in software development, systems engineering, and logical reasoning to build tools we’re proud of and to spread a culture of rigor across the Server team.
- Understands the challenges of software development at scale and developing tools and automated systems to improve the developer experience
- Interest in developing usable tools and frameworks to ensure continuous delivery of a complex distributed database system
- Appetite for using cutting edge performance instrumentation and automate root cause analysis tools used in a highly-current and multithreaded environment
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with stakeholders in requirements gathering, design, proof-of-concept demonstrations, implementation, and adoption
- Develop software that accelerates development feedback and provides high confidence in our industry-leading, mission-critical database and data platform
- Work close to the kernel and networking protocol layer to build fault injection tools that and reuse and amplify the power of existing tests
- Devise techniques to help developers more quickly investigate and resolve issues like data consistency, data corruption, crashes, hangs, and race conditions
- Provide a high-quality and consistent local experience for all aspects of authoring and reproducing performance benchmarks and correctness tests
A software engineer is considered successful in this role after having taken on the following responsibilities.
- Technical: Successfully implemented one new feature that accelerates feedback, improves debuggability, or increases confidence in the quality of the database product
- Ownership: Actively participates in requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Reasoning: Detail clear and concise steps to reproduce a bug in the MongoDB database and demonstrate a complete understanding of its root cause
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*