Software Development Project Facilitator/ Manager
We are actively recruiting for a Software Development Project Facilitator/ Manager. This role is exciting and varied; it includes some project management/ co-ordination, some software release and testing co-ordination, project status communications (daily and monthly) and people leadership tasks. You will be part of small self organising and fast-moving development team within an organisation that fully employs the use of Agile methodologies to better achieve project objectives.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people.
Most of us live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. While we love Cornwall and can't imagine not living here, we know a lot of people are happy elsewhere. We expect everyone to come to our office occasionally, maybe once or twice a quarter, but apart from that we are happy for you to be based anywhere in the UK. If you are lucky enough to be based in Cornwall, or would like to relocate to this beautiful part of the country, our new offices are set-up for you to work here if you would prefer.
In return for your hard work and experience, we will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing by 1 day each year you work here (up to a maximum of 30 days per year, plus bank holidays)
- Core hours, allowing flexible working
- Summer hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Medical cash back scheme
- Fun regular social events (beach BBQs, laser tag, film screenings and more)
- End of summer company festival - Headstock
- Headtalks - internal technical conference
- Corporate gym membership rates as selected local gyms
- Discounts at selected local restaurants/ cafes
- Child care vouchers
- Car leasing scheme
- Tech scheme
- Most of us are based near our office in Cornwall, however we are able to offer hybrid/remote working
What will you be doing?
- Project management/co-ordination type activities, such as co-ordination of project development work by small team of developers, and participation in daily meeting with client colleagues to discuss prioritisation of release issues and information requests from the client.
- Release/test co-ordination activities, such as co-ordination of testing for any system fixes incorporated into Fast Track releases, and of releases to various test, integration test and production systems. You will also be co-ordinating of work of System Administrations to move of system between legacy infrastructure to Cloud infrastructure (Azure).
- Project communications, such as following up and answering requests from client team relating to development questions tracked in Backlog system. As well as investigation and co-ordination of fixes to production systems for issues raised on communication channels
- Monthly report compilation on work done – i.e. number crunching of information from working reports (the data is processed via EXCEL pivot tables to produce data for the Powerpoint doc that we share every month
- People Leadership, such as 1-2-1 s and ad hoc "pastoral" needs from team members and facilitating annual appraisal cycle. You will also be supporting people in their growth, development and progression at Headforwards
Due to our timescales you must be eligible to work in the UK, or in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
Don't miss out!
The closing date for this role is Friday 10th December 2021. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.
location: On-site (Redruth, Cornwall)/Remote/Hybrid
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs