Quality Assurance Specialist
Great MindsGreat Minds is an organization founded in 2007 by teachers and scholars who want to ensure that all students receive a content-rich education.
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Enterprise Applications Quality Assurance Specialist.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring quality of the assigned development and configuration work being delivered by the Enterprise Applications team. This role creates test cases, test plans, test reports, automates test scripts, and assists the QA Manager in standardizing processes and developing QA best practices.
- Performs QA testing activities to ensure the applications, products and releases follow requirements and QA standards of the organization
- Analyzes business requirements, functional requirements, acceptance criteria, and design documents for completeness and testability
- Designs, develops and implements functional test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and automated test scripts for Salesforce and other Enterprise Applications
- Executes test cases, test scripts; captures test results and test metrics; reports test results and test metrics
- Identifies and tracks system defects; performs root cause analysis of the defects; works with the development team to resolve defects
- Writes User Acceptance Test (UAT) Cases and coordinates UAT with the business users
- Performs and coordinates system verification and validation test activities
- Automates regression test cases and maintains an automated test suite as updates are made to the system
- Assists the QA Manager in designing, developing, and implementing standards and procedures for software QA testing
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with automated testing tools. Preferred experience with Provar.
- Experience working in an Agile framework and collaborating with scrum teams
- Experience in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test execution
- Experience coordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Knowledge of programming languages, data structures, SQL queries, utilities and automation scripting
- Knowledge of structured and object-oriented engineering analyses, programming techniques and design methodologies
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of diagramming, flow charting and detailed analysis and documentation
- Exceptional technical, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Einstein Analytics is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred.
- CSTE or ISTQB QA Certification preferred
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Support Specialist jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs