Credit Controller - Part Time - 100% Remote
You’re and experienced operator in a Credit Control function and have an excellent telephone manner, ability to build rapport with customers matched with a tenacity to get overdue invoices settled. You will be able to organise your approach to ensure you collect all relevant detail ahead of conversations from the company systems, follow up with appropriate members of the Company to resolve queries and keep diligent case records for discussion with the wider company Finance team.
About the role
The role reports into C&C’s Finance Manager and is for an initial part time project of 3 months with the option for extension. It is a fully distributed position so you may work wherever you want (assumed to be your home). You’ll be part of a fast-growing technology company as a key new member of the finance department. This is a new role and we’ll need someone who is able to slot immediately into gear and with the knowledge and experience to immediately contact customers on the lists provided.
About us www.carandclassic.co.uk
Car & Classic has the world’s largest selection of classic and collectable cars on sale. We aim to provide the safest, most trustworthy method of transacting specialist vehicles and our online auction and transactional products are revolutionising the way these vehicles are bought and sold in Europe.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high performing culture.
The business is growing fast, more than doubling year on year and we’re well funded and backed by leading investors including VC fund Passion Capital. Whilst the team is only 50 people now we expect to double over the next 12-months. We’re looking for a Credit Controller that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Deploying effective and consistent Company receivables procedures and policies that ensure timely payment
- Responding to client queries and ensuring effective responses to clear queries in a timely manner
- Maintaining Company brand and tone of communication throughout all customer contact to ensure customer retention and rating remains high
- Retrieving information on new invoices from company systems as instructed
- Reconciling accounts
- Providing administrative support to finance team on receivables management in the form of case notes and reports
- Keeping close watch on debtor account balances
- Reducing overall Debtor Days
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive monthly project fee (disclosed at first stage screening)
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge industry.
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- All candidates must have a proven record of working in a dedicated credit control role or a role with a significant receivables management responsibility.
- Be either a graduate with 2 years management accounting experience or a part qualified technician with a minimum of 3 years proven experience in management accounting and accounts preparation
- We expect any candidate to be a highly competent MS Excel user and understand how to use Excel formulae and pivot tables.
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Have experience in using Xero and Chaser
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same into 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs