Assistant Accountant - 100% Remote
You’re looking for an entry level position as an in-house accountant. Your attention to detail is excellent, you’re a stickler for good formatting, you’re diligent in your work, and you enjoy learning. You don’t have an ego and are curious about how things work. You enjoy following process but also don’t mind getting creative when needed.
About the role
The role reports into C&C’s Finance Manager. It is a fully distributed position so you may work wherever you want (assumed to be your home). You’ll be part of a fast-growing technology company as a lynchpin of the finance department. There is a lot of opportunity to progress as the company scales. While we introduce new business models and expand geographically, we’ll need somewhere who is not afraid to adapt to change, use new systems, and is able to provide diligence and reliability in fast-paced organisation.
About us www.carandclassic.co.uk
Car & Classic has the world’s largest selection of classic and collectable cars on sale. We aim to provide the safest, most trustworthy method of transacting specialist vehicles and our online auction and transactional products are revolutionising the way these vehicles are bought and sold in Europe.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high performing culture.
The business is growing fast, more than doubling year on year and we’re well funded and backed by leading investors including VC fund Passion Capital. Whilst the team is only 50 people now, we expect to double over the next 12-months. We’re looking for an Assistant Accountant that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Updating and Reconciling the Company accounts on Xero for clients
- Bank, credit card and online payments (e.g. Stripe & GoCardless) reconciliations
- Processing supplier invoices and statement checking
- Preparing supplier payment runs and issuing remittances
- Adding customer invoices, issuing statements and matching receipts on bank
- Assisting with Company payroll as required
- Assisting with month end, quarter end, annual accounts and company audit as required
- Assistance with ad-hoc reporting
- Providing finance support to deal with requests from other departments and external stakeholders as required
- Managing the calendar of tasks to ensure management accounts are issued by due dates.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary range: £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Company paid team retreats
- Generous parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and any period of closure over Christmas also paid
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge industry.
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- All candidates must be either a graduate with 2 years management accounting experience or a part qualified technician with a minimum of 3 years proven experience in management accounting and accounts preparation
- We expect any candidate to be a highly competent MS Excel user and understand how to use Excel formulae and pivot tables.
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Have a Xero Certification and / or experience using other cloud accounting software
- Have experience in using Dext (Receipt Bank), Chaser and Spendesk
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2020 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2021.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs