Software Engineer - Disruption
HopperHopper analyzes billions of prices daily to predict how prices will change, and tells you whether to buy or wait. Save up to 40% on your next flight.
Do you want to make a substantial impact on the future of Hopper's travel technology? We're hiring a Software Engineer to join our Fintech team and help us innovate the evolution of travel selling and booking technology. Fintech contributes to 70% of the company's overall revenue and as a Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for crafting, implementing, and deploying the sophisticated backend systems that power Hopper’s award-winning user experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team to help us with experiment creation, implementation, MVP development and development roadmapping.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL: Work on products crafted to make travel easier to book and stress free!Quickly prototype new insights and run experiments to identify features that users love.Influence the technical direction for the team and strategic direction of the productBe empowered to drive innovation for our Fintech products (e.g Price Freeze, Hopper Cloud).Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner using Scala and technologies like GCP, Kafka, BigQuery, BigTable, HBase, Cloud SQL among others.Collaborate with a diverse group of people, across Engineering, Data Science, Product and Leadership, executing on big opportunities and helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry!AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS: A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly.The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals3+ years experience growing in dynamic backend environments, delivering user experience at scale.A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability.Excels in multi-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers. BENEFITS:
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans• Access to a 401k (US)
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech. The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!
Job region(s): Worldwide/Anywhere
Job stats: 2 0 0
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs