SIEM/Cloud Security Engineer (Remote) (3460-INFO)
We are searching for a 100% remote SIEM/Cloud Security Engineer with a minimum of 3 years' hands-on experience in a security engineering role.
The top three requirements for this role are (1) cloud security and network engineering skill, (2) experience with security information event management (SIEM), and (3) incident response forensics expertise.
You will be working with a company that is a leader in the online testing space for K-12 students. Their unique blend of advanced features utilizes the latest technology and is pushing the boundaries for improving educational outcomes.
This is a 100% remote role with headquarters in Washington D.C.
$100k - $130K plus excellent benefits
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or a related field
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
- Minimum 3 years' hands-on experience in a security engineering role.
- Possess one or more certifications including CISSP, GIAC, CCNA Security, Security +, CCNP Security, or PCNSE.
- Experience implementing Network Security products such as firewall, web proxies, and DDoS mitigation solutions.
- Solid experience with digital forensics and incident response (DFIR)
- Experience acquiring memory images for performing forensic analysis with tools such as Volatility.
- Experience with cloud and data center technologies, including knowledge of their design, build, how they can be defended.
- Experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, host, and network-based access controls, routing and switching), DNS and Windows/Linux based systems.
- This role requires a compliance-orientated mindset as you will be responsible for protecting students' personal information.
- Experience with large network, transactions, and volume is extremely important for this role (our client has approximately 3,000 servers).
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Design, build and assist with solutions and core security projects related to network architecture, connectivity, firewalls, C2, IDS and segmentation.
- Operate and maintain advanced SIEM technologies to perform threat hunting, event analysis, and prioritize in-depth investigations tailored to the current threat environment.
- Use vulnerability scanning tools to identify and validate remediation of security weaknesses.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide expertise on various topics related to network security to application, infrastructure, networking, and security teams.
- This role is for a hands-on engineer.
- Although there will be some nights and weekend work, this will be predominately a 40 hour/week job.
Network Security Engineer | CISSP | GIAC | CCNA Security | CCNP Security | PCNSE | Firewall | DDoS Mitigation | Incident Response | Digital Forensics | DFIR | Cloud | Data Center | Network Protocols
To view more opportunities, please visit stoutsystems.com/jobs.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs