Product Manager - Price Freeze ( Remote)
HopperHopper analyzes billions of prices daily to predict how prices will change, and tells you whether to buy or wait. Save up to 40% on your next flight.
Within the Fintech business unit, the Price Freeze team is focused on continued innovation to help customers that are not yet ready to book lock in great flight deals at a low cost. Price Freeze currently makes up almost half of Hopper’s Fintech revenue and helped drive Hopper’s growth despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
As a Product Manager on the Price Freeze team you will be directly responsible for the fulfillment of our product values from when a user purchases a Freeze to the end of the funnel. You will work alongside our designers, engineers and data scientists to deliver the best in personalized travel to millions of users.
This role is a great opportunity to have a big impact with lots of ownership, focusing on solutions to results-oriented problems leveraging end-to-end user data.
Responsibilities - Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution- Collaborate closely with data science, design, engineering and customer support to dive deep into our data to understand our users- Work with business leaders to help shape and drive business cases for product features - Ideate and wireframe new features that will be in the hands of millions of users across the globe- Identify the essential qualities of each feature: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
Minimum qualifications- Have a proven history of shipping customer-facing products and analyzing user data- Are able to connect innovative solutions to real-world user problems with the actual business needs of a rapidly scaling organization- High acumen for leveraging data analytics, A/B testing and user feedback, understanding the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies- Able to create and execute an iterative product vision, balancing business goals and technical feasibility- A track record of being proactive and advocating for feature improvements by constructing a compelling narrative both in-person and in-writing- No ego when it comes to product; Strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company- Enjoys autonomy and ownership over the product and customer experience
Preferred qualifications - Experience with native mobile app product development for iOS and Android strongly preferred- Have a strong bias for action, comfortable with learning whatever they need to to move the team forward- End-to-end product experience including partnering with Customer Support- Experience writing SQL and the ability to brainstorm solutions with the engineering team is a plusDespite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech. The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs