Web Developer/Full Stack Developer
Would you like to work somewhere that is right at the start of a significant technological transformation? Somewhere that pushes boundaries and will massively improve your skills as a Developer. TDD, Continuous Delivery, A/B Testing... read on!
You will be joining a new team of Headforwards developers working with a health technology client in Worthing. Our client is investing in a significant improvement in their development processes and Headforwards are helping them achieve this. We are building a team of full-stack web developers to augment the existing client team. This team will be responsible for delivering a fundamental shift in application architecture and working practices.
Part of this shift is a renewed focus on user experience, we are building a small team to initially look at ways to improve the customer on-boarding journey. Working with a UX designer, a digital specialist Product Owner and another full-stack web developer you will be responsible for deciding what areas to focus on and how to measure success. This on-boarding process will be a from the ground up greenfield project and while we think we know what the tech stack is likely to be we want you to help us finalise it. There are existing backend APIs and we want to primarily focus on the end-user experience working with the current API capabilities, however, there may be some API changes the team need to make.
We are looking at this team becoming an internal exemplar of future ways of working, so we will be encouraging TDD, pair programming and having a scripted continuous delivery model. We want to leverage this team to understand how A/B testing can be helpful across other teams and to demonstrate how quickly (and safely) we can get releases out to validate our hypotheses.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 100 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work. We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We work in teams dedicated to various clients and we work on global projects with cutting edge technologies, tools and techniques. Most of us live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. While we love Cornwall and can't imagine not living here, we know a lot of people are happy elsewhere. We expect everyone to come to our office occasionally, maybe once or twice a quarter, and there are some client visits necessary but apart from that we are happy for our team to be based anywhere in the UK. If you are lucky enough to be based in Cornwall, our new offices are set-up for you to work here if you would prefer though.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a professional web developer
- Experience of using Git or similar version control systems
- Writes clean, secure code
- Experience of building scalable, rich, user interfaces
- Demonstrable ability to take on technical leadership
- Some experience with a backend programming language, ideally PHP
- Experience of working in cross-functional agile teams with continuous delivery in mind
- Experience in writing automated tests and using TDD
- Understanding of UX design principles
- A keen interest to learn new technologies and frameworks
Due to our timescales you must be in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs