Senior Software Engineer, Service Mesh Implementations
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Service Mesh that is fluent in Service mesh implementations, to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions while very good at influencing and teaching their fellow technologists.About us:We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We are a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart. At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are an all-remote Company headquartered in (upstate New York) Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. This is a full-time Remote role with paid vacation, great benefits, and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.The role is remote- U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp, or 1099).
- Evaluate different service mesh implementations
- Contribute to architecture, design, implementation, and deployment of selected service mesh
- Build and architect distributed systems for service connectivity across heterogeneous environments (Kubernetes, VMs, bare metal)
- Work closely with Cloud and Security groups to ensure implementations meet performance/security standards.
- Strategize on continuous deployment of dynamically growing multi-cloud microservices architectures.
- Collaborate with peers across multiple teams to support and leverage technology standards and best practices.
- Develop unified service registry for discovery, governance, and visibility.
Skills & Experience:
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as software or infrastructure engineer operating scalable and reliable cloud platforms. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong hands-on experience with Service Mesh technologies - Istio, Linkerd, AWS AppMesh, Consul
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Expert in networking concepts and implementation especially Kubernetes networking architecture
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components.
- Strong experience troubleshooting service mesh implementations for performance related issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall infrastructure design and developing tools to enable and automate infrastructure.
- Good written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
Preferred Requirements a PLUS:
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, or related field
- Experience with interactive media and application development
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 1 0 0
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Staff Product Designer Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs