Quality Assurance Lead Engineer
⚠️ Important ⚠️: It's not our business if you are vaccinated or not. We believe this is personal information and this should never affect your ability to score (or retain) a job.
⚠️ Important ⚠️: Although this is a fully remote role, we only accept candidates that are within 2 hours of CET (Central European Timezone). Applying outside of that is a waste of your (and our) time.
Prezly is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team and boost our capacity in creating a world with more meaningful communication between organisations and people. Working closely with a product designer, the founders and builders to craft high-quality, impactful, and inclusive user experiences for communication experts all around the world.
Good stories, told well to the right people, can inspire and spark positive change in the world. That’s why at Prezly, we’re building state-of-the-art storytelling tools for stellar brands. Since our founding in 2010, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~16 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
About the role
Prezly is looking for someone (remote) to take the lead on all things in terms of quality assurance of our products. From our main product, the newsrooms, API and various dashboards, the QA will be responsible for ensuring that our products function as expected and eliminating any bugs.
You will work on a variety of projects, mostly around the core Prezly product. You will be working with the product/engineering team. As our new teammate, you’ll be self-driven and work hard to bring value to your new company in the most effective way possible. You’ll work hard to make those around you better, communicate clearly, and make Prezly a better company.
About the technology
Our services are built around a core of a Single Page Application (react/JS/typescript), API's in PHP (symfony). On the backend we use a Symfony fork (https://github.com/rock-symphony/rock-symphony) and interact with a Postgres (RDS) database.
We're big believers in open-source and devops/CI - building, testing, and deploying to any of our environments are as simple as pushing a commit to a git branch. The infrastructure is containerised, built on top of AWS using Kubernetes. For open-source work, we encourage our team to share their work with the world and contribute where they can. Some open-source stuff we did.
We're a technology company first: This means that in addition to product and business development plans, we put emphasis on continual improvement of our stack and infrastructure. Current projects include API'ing our full application suite and removing redux.
- 5+ years of testing experience
- Good knowledge of DevTool
- Test automation experience
- Good understanding of how to test REST API and SOAP
- Ability to work with log systems (Elastic, Sentry, AWS cloudwatch)
- Understanding HTTP (S), JSON, XML
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- A team-oriented person who loves to collaborate and communicate
- Fluent English and experience working with an international team
- Building the testing process in a team and its constant improvement
- Manual web application testing
- Implementation of new testing tools and automation
- Quality assurance of releases
- Development, writing, execution and support of test cases, and preparation of checklists
- Perform regression, functional, integration testing
- Bug report collection, prioritization and control of corrections
- REST API, SOAP testing
- Analysis of system logs to identify web application crashes and other cases of anomalous system behaviour
You will get
Great tools: What would Batman be without his utility belt? He’d still be badass. But you get the point. At Prezly you’ll get to choose your own gear.
Flexible hours: There’s a life outside of work. That’s why our distributed team works from where they want, when they want. And they get tons of work done.
Unlimited vacation time: We evaluate on value, not on time spent behind desks. Employees can take as many holidays as they need. This way they bring their A-game to the job.
Visits to Leuven: A few times per year the entire team gets together in the office in Leuven, the world’s capital of beer. We’ll fly you in so you can have fun with the team.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Staff Product Designer Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs