Cytoscreener (Fixed Term)
Cyted's mission is to revolutionise diagnostic methods to build a world where disease is prevented rather than treated. We focus on providing digital diagnostic infrastructure to drive the earlier detection of disease. Our technologies use artificial intelligence and novel biomarkers to unlock clinical insight and improve patient outcomes.
The Cyted group develops and deploys digital diagnostic services for research and clinical use. Our services are designed to dignify and empower, placing patients at the heart of our services. The Cyted group develops and deploys digital diagnostic services for research and clinical use. Our services are designed to dignify and empower, placing patients at the heart of our services.
Cyted is seeking a Cytoscreener to join our amazing team on a fixed term basis. The Cytoscreener’s role is to participate in the screening and analysis of digital images of oesophageal cell samples to detect any abnormality in the cell structure that may show signs of pre-cancerous changes, disease or, very rarely, cancer. The aim of the screening is to try and identify the first signs of oesophageal cancer early, so that the disease can be prevented from spreading. Doctors use the results of the screening to diagnose and treat patients.
The Cytoscreener will work under the supervision of our team of Pathologists led by Maria O’Donovan, Luis Beltran and Alexia Tsigka. The role holder will follow strict quality control procedures. Full training and support will be provided. The Cytoscreener role requires the individual to be patient, methodical, work with a high degree of accuracy and be able to take responsibility for the results of their work.
- Viewing digitised pathology slides of cell samples to identify any abnormalities.
- Bringing to the attention of a Pathologist any results thought to be abnormal.
- Coding results based on the degree of abnormality observed.
- Completing online records of the results.
- Sending notification of the screening results to the pathologists.
Working pattern, location and salary:
Contract length: 6 months.
Contract type: Fixed term.
The role can be done either full or part time to suit the successful candidate.
The Cytoscreener will be based at our laboratory in Huntingdon but will be able to perform the digital diagnostics remotely.
Salary in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year, plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Personal development budget
- Health, dental, hearing and eye insurance
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- Perks at work scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free refreshments
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up, the next leader in building integrated diagnostics by combining molecular biomarkers with digital solutions
Qualifications and background:
- A-Level grade C or above in a science-based subject or equivalent
- City & Guilds Diploma in Cervical Cytology (Level 3) or an appropriate Certificate in Cervical Screening recognised by the NHS Cervical Screening Programme (NHSCSP) or a Qualified Biomedical Scientist
- Ideally a minimum of one year of cytoscreening experience
- Working with and processing confidential information.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work accurately and consistently.
- Biomedical Science Background (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A mature approach to work and willing to accept responsibility for your own work.
- Be able to maintain concentration when completing repetitive tasks for long periods.
- Excellent observation skills.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision for some aspects of analysis.
- Able to follow detailed instructions without error.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team.
- Good at problem solving
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions in relation to this role.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Social Media Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs