Assistant Head of Virtual School, Digital Teaching and Learning
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an Assistant Head of Virtual School, Digital Teaching and Learning to join our dynamic, dedicated team.
Great Minds, a District of Columbia not-for-profit organization, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Assistant Head of Virtual School, Digital Teaching and Learning is a member of the non-profit team and supports the Great Minds Virtual School in its mission by promoting the adoption and effective implementation of high-quality curriculum materials.
This role ensures that all teachers at the Great Minds Virtual School understand the philosophy and best practices that form the foundation of the curriculum and accompanying support. The Assistant Head of Virtual School, Digital Teaching and Learning demonstrates exceptional professionalism and communication skills.
In this role, you will:
- collaborate with the Head of Virtual School to ensure that the mission and vision of the school are carried out through all classrooms.
- lead a team of professional development experts to develop a year-long professional development plan for all staff.
- foster long-term relationships with school leaders, teachers and facilitators that are based on trust, mutual respect, and shared goals for success.
- help ensure that all curriculum implementations result in student growth.
- provide efficient and timely access to rigorous content expertise, implementation resources, and key information needed to fulfill the goal of high-quality instruction for all.
- facilitate professional development and coaching sessions.
- conduct formal and informal observations and evaluations for all staff.
- Serve as the lead learner of digital tools and online resources for all staff at the Great Minds Virtual School.
- Provide specific feedback to staff and develop coaching cycles focused on improving classroom instruction.
- Develop model units for staff that incorporate synchronous and asynchronous components.
- Serve as the primary relationship owner for a designated set of curriculum implementations.
- Document and communicate insights about curriculum implementation to leadership based on interactions.
- Collaborate with the Head of Virtual School to ensure the primary focus of work is on teaching and learning.
- Support the Head of Virtual School with the admissions process.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- Administration or instructional coaching experience in the grade 6 - 12 setting
- Experience leading a district- or school-level implementation of high-quality curriculum
- Knowledge of the factors that drive decision making at all levels of schools
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational coaching, site-based leadership, curriculum decision making, and PD facilitation
- A record of garnering respect from interactions with a wide variety of positions in schools, districts, and professional networks
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Respect for education professionals
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Proactive problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
- Commitment to high standards of excellence
The Assistant Head of Virtual School, Digital Teaching and Learning may travel approximately 5% of the time, depending on location, to participate in quarterly and/or annual team meetings (average of 1–3 times/year).
What We Offer:
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Enrollment priority for dependents
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
Submittal of resume and cover letter are required
Selected candidates will be required to pass a comprehensive background check.
Written application submission and initial phone interviews will be completed on a rolling basis. Final interviews and performance tasks will take place in-person.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Community Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Back End Java Developer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs