Information Security Senior Engineer
At Wellthy, we dream of the day when taking care of the sick and the elderly becomes seamlessly human and tech powered. Wellthy is evolving the way we take care of each other by building a better healthcare experience for people with complex, chronic, and aging concerns.
As the first dedicated Information Security Senior Engineer at Wellthy, you will have the opportunity to own your area of work and be exposed to a wide variety of Security technologies. Joining us at this stage will offer you the opportunity to grow with Wellthy. You will report to the Director of IT and Security and partner closely with the Security and Operations teams to support the needs of the business.
You will drive the following efforts:
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security issues.
- Provide technical leadership of security systems, processes and services, ensuring proper configuration, controls and effectiveness.
- Own and deliver large strategic projects, frequently with minimal supervision.
- Implement security improvements by assessing business and environmental opportunities.
- Perform code analysis for security vulnerabilities.
- Have a passion for mentoring and upskilling your team members.
- Evaluate security trends and recommend/implement security enhancements.
- Participate in periodic audits to maintain best practices and security certifications.
- Identify security concerns, inefficiencies or omissions and recommend/address corrections.
- Make a strong contribution to the company culture as we continue to grow.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who will identify stakeholders and communicate project status and timelines.
- Overcome obstacles to meet deadlines by seeking out resources and escalating as needed.
- Shares complex information and ideas in a clear and compelling manner. Proactively addresses and plans for various scenarios.
- Evaluates alternatives, proposes and initiates workable solutions.
- Support organizational initiatives such as onboarding and represent Wellthy within the organization and outside the organization.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Experience with AWS cloud security technologies.
- Familiarity with Information Security Vulnerability Management programs.
- Proficiency with: Anti-Virus, IDP, Full Packet Capture, Network Security.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. LogRhythm, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS
- Knowledge of data warehouse configuration settings to maintain security and compliance needs.
- Knowledge of email protocols and security functions; i.e. SPF and DKIM
- You are passionate about Information Security and how it enables business growth opportunities, with at least 7 years of relevant experience supporting rapidly growing companies working in a team environment.
- You don’t like repetitive tasks so you look for ways to automate and introduce systems or tools to help reduce redundancy and manual processes.
- You are a business enabler that looks for solutions that move the business forward in a safe and secure manner.
- Ideally you have experience with a growing health-tech startup using Apple and Google products and know G Suite inside and out.
- Experienced evaluating and implementing SaaS solutions.
- You are a hands-on person focused on delivering expected outcomes.
Like everyone, you have your favorite technologies but you’re not dogmatic about them. In fact, you enjoy learning new technologies on a regular basis. You derive satisfaction not just from clean and creative solutions but from offering genuine help and support that improves the experience for everyone working at Wellthy. You’re proud of the implementations you work on and getting to the root cause of issues you encounter. You remain calm under pressure and aren’t daunted when faced with issues you haven’t seen before. You are comfortable running while working on your own but enjoy interacting with talented and thoughtful colleagues. You realize life is short and that what you work on and who you do it with matters.
Wellthy is a healthcare concierge service. We use dedicated care coordinators and our seamless technology platform to project manage healthcare for families with sick and aging loved ones. Wellthy takes the pain out of healthcare – scheduling appointments, finding the right specialists, researching treatment options, managing insurance, organizing records, communicating with family members and much more. For employers, Wellthy promises to reach, support, and improve productivity of caregiving employees. Find out more: www.wellthy.com.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Staff Product Designer Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs