Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Andela is looking for a Compliance Manager (5+ years’ experience) to lead the ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, and maintenance of Andela’s compliance and ethics program, including but not limited to, the implementation of global sanctions, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, and data privacy controls programs. The Compliance Manager will support Andela’s mission by providing subject matter advice and guidance. A creative mind, entrepreneurial spirit and a sense of adventure are qualities we are looking for.
- Facilitate establishment of governance-level requirements for Andela's SOC II certification program, including the design, launch, and implementation of a global policy management and process, and enterprise risk management program.
- Optimize Andela’s existing technical solutions for the management and enablement of policy and risk management.
- Develop Andela’s risk management framework including assessment schedules, approaches, scales, techniques, responses, benchmarking, and reporting and analysis.
- Launch and facilitate Andela’s risk management framework across business units; verify that scheduled, recurring risk assessments are conducted, and risk areas are evaluated and treated.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of other compliance initiatives including:
- Insurance program strategy and maintenance
- Employee compliance training strategy, administration, and reporting (Ethics, Anti-corruption, and Bribery, Anti-harassment and discrimination, IT security/data protection, contractual provisions)
- Completion of annual certification statements: FCPA, Sales Certificates.
- Providing subject matter expertise and best practice advice regarding Data Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering and Economic Sanctions.
- Report to Board of Directors on all compliance matters.
- 5+ years prior experience in risk management or compliance roles
- Compliance certification
- Superior attention to detail in order to identify and correct risky practices
- Must be a strong communicator and capable of expressing oneself clearly both speaking and in writing
- Possess a collaborative personality and be open to suggestions from team members
- Exemplify strong knowledge of industry protocols and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
- Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
- Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Social Media Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs