Transform the communications world! Location? You decide!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get shit done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
The role: Employment Counsel
We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented lawyer to be the first employment specialist on our growing legal team. MessageBird hires employees on a truly global scale, across 9 entities as well as 25 jurisdictions via an Employer of Record (EOR) company. Every month, we add to this portfolio by hiring employees in new countries. As our employment counsel you will be the go-to person for all topics related to employment globally, including questions from our People, Corporate Affairs, and Finance/Payroll teams. This role reports to our Corporate Senior Counsel.
What you’ll do:
- Draft and review employment agreement templates (ensuring accuracy, consistency, and alignment with MessageBird principles);
- Draft, review, amend, and implement employment policies, such as our work-from-anywhere policy, in all jurisdictions globally;
- Provide practical and business-oriented legal advice and counseling on a range of employment issues such as: hiring (including restrictive covenants of potential hires), performance management, employee relations, terminations, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation, benefits, privacy, and all other matters you can think of;
- Draft addendums to individual employment agreements;
- Update our employment handbook;
- Assist with aligning our employee benefits offering globally;
- Update FAQ pages for all sorts of employment related questions per jurisdiction;
- Assist with termination of individual employment agreements, including advice on disciplinary matters and drafting/reviewing settlement agreements.
- Manage our employment insurances portfolio;
- Actively monitor developments in employment law to ensure company policies and practices are compliant.
What you’ll bring:
- 3 - 5 years experience in a law firm or in-house legal department of an international company, with particular focus on employment matters.
- Law degree - you are a qualified lawyer. Knowledge of Dutch law is a plus.
- A start-up mentality; a willingness to roll up your sleeves, clear blockers, think creatively, prioritize effectively, support the business, and get the job done.
- A collaborative, flexible, and positive attitude.
- Well organised, fast-paced, and autonomous - able to work both independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams.
- Confident working within a complex and multi-jurisdictional environment.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and build strong client relationships.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English; additional languages are a plus.
What you'll gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless. You can learn more about our story and life as a Bird via #messagebird.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Staff Product Designer Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs