Director, Technical Program Management
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Security, we are seeking a seasoned Director, Technical Program Management to define and implement processes and workflows to drive consistent delivery of engineering initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to evangelize Recharge and create an exceptional feature experience for our customers.
What you'll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Build a team to work directly with engineering teams and leadership to enable timely execution of strategic plans across teams and groups.
- Develop a uniform approach and deliverables to communicate status while proactively identifying issues and blockers that could put schedule, budget or quality in jeopardy.
- Experience with project management of engineering domain(s) such as Platform, Infrastructure, Security, etc.
- Experience with crafting substantial project reports and dashboard.
- Crafting a technical initiative with clarity on what the initiative is and why we should be working on it.
- Clarifying the end state vision of the initiative in certain time intervals (quarter, half, 1-3 years).
- Work with the stakeholders, particularly Engineering Managers to set up clear, ambitious goals that are bought in and agreed upon.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and a Technical Lead to decompose ambiguous technical problems into tracks of work, clarifying and prioritizing deliverables, and identifying owners.
- Identifying inefficiencies in processes, products, and technology and driving improvements.
- Identify bottlenecks and ensure strong communication between groups.
- Ensuring timely and successful execution which includes:
- Tracking progress across the organization and teams for tracks of work
- Managing cross team dependencies
- Unblocking execution
- Preventing scope creep
- Risk management
- Communicating project and initiative plans and progress including:
- Roadmaps, quarterly plans
- Celebration of wins and creating awareness
- Setting expectations and timelines
- Updating on status
- Highlighting risk
What you'll bring
- Typically, 5+ years of results oriented track record of managing technical projects and practical problem solving under pressure
- Demonstrated track record of implementing well defined and highly effective project processes in place in a rapidly growing engineering organization.
- Familiarity with knowledge management systems and processes as well as experience facilitating consistent documentation including architectural diagrams, data flow diagrams, configuration guides, user instructions, etc.
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, including technical leaders and executive management.
- Detail oriented and ability to drive initiatives to completion
- Exposure to high growth, large-size companies
- Experience working with both Agile and development methodology and PMP or equivalent qualification
- Technical understanding of the software development process (example: numerous burndown technologies, various retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Experience with Jira, confluence and the Atlassian stack
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 400+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Community Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Back End Java Developer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs