Software Development Engineer, Features
We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to join a new Features team. This team is responsible for developing end user customer experiences, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time. We value simple solutions and look for engineers who use a customer first approach to solving problems.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve Recharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
What you’ll bring
- Typically, 4+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experienced in of one of the following languages: Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Engineering at Recharge
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner's open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at Recharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 400+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Staff Product Designer Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs