Incident Response Lead
This role is open to remote applicants in the East & Central regions of the U.S.
Recorded Future’s security team is looking for an expert security professional to lead the newly set up investigations team. The position is an opportunity to contribute to highly visible cybersecurity operations function globally, impacting Recorded Future, service ventures, partners, and customers. We are looking for a motivated and creative individual with strong knowledge of information security, hacking, and IT operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate complex problem-solving skills, the ability to challenge assumptions, considering alternative perspectives, thinking quickly, and performing in high-stress situations while working in a strong, tight-knit, collaborative team environment.
What you'll do as Incident Response Lead
- Technical leadership and hands-on response and ownership of computer security incidents.
- Research and deploy new technologies as needed to support business objectives related to security detection and response.
- Design and implement new detection technologies along with playbook development and threat hunting.
- Advancing security automation and response.
- Collaborate with engineers to enhance, improve cloud (IaaS, SaaS, etc) based security detection and response.
- Update, modify and improve existing programs used for security detection and response.
- Develop documentation on all custom solutions.
- Regularly view and verify existing metrics to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Annotate existing metrics to improve user understanding of the meaning of metrics.
What you'll bring as the Incident Response Lead
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent technical skills in a variety of operating systems, programming languages, and databases.
- Expert in computer security incident handling.
- Expert knowledge of computer security forensics and security vulnerabilities.
- Deep Information Security knowledge and awareness of ongoing threats.
- Scripting/coding abilities.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for securing applications and data on those stacks.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms ( Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Threat research and threat intelligence knowledge.
- Flexibility – willingness to pitch in where needed across program and team.
- Strong leadership, influence, and collaboration skills; sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills.
Why should you join Recorded Future?
With over 600 employees, $140M ARR, 1,000 clients, and 50% year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s largest privately-held security intelligence company! Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 35 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at email@example.com
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Staff Product Designer Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs