As we grow beyond 500 teammates in 36 countries, Zapier is looking for a Director of Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity (DIBE) to help scale a culture where all can thrive and belong.
At Zapier, we’re on a mission to weave DIBE into the DNA of our team and company. This starts with how we attract and grow our people, and extends to the accessibility of our products and how we contribute to the broader public good.
Zapier’s Director of DIBE will hone our strategic vision in this essential area, and build and advise on the underlying practices and programs. Reporting to Zapier’s Chief People Officer, you’ll serve as a valued, “at the table” strategic partner to our executive team.
In short: Want to help scale a growing, global team on a mission to democratize automation? Then keep reading!
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You have at least five years of experience in a people-driven role. We know that many paths can lead to expertise in DIBE. Maybe your background is in People Operations, Learning and Development, or Employee Experience. No matter the path, we’re eager to hear about your experience designing and advancing a DIBE strategy in an organizational context.
You are a builder. In addition to advising each part of the team on ways to weave DIBE into their DNA, you get excited about personally building and driving a core set of programs.
You believe that data can unlock equity and inclusion. You have experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative data to understand matters of diversity and inclusion and translate those insights into a plan. Importantly, you’re able and eager to help others to do the same.
You build relationships grounded in trust, transparency, and empathy. You partner closely across organizations and lines of difference to build trust and mutual respect around a shared agenda for impact. Zapier is a truly global team—you understand how DIBE language, values, and practices vary across geographies.
You are an exceptional communicator, especially in writing. Whether in a blog, 1:1, or company all-hands meeting, you convey ideas clearly and credibly. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. More often than not, you’ll use written summaries to communicate vision, strategy, plans, findings, and results to the Zapier team.
Things You Might Do
- Refresh Zapier’s 10-year DIBE vision and roadmap in collaboration with Zapier’s CEO, Chief People Officer, Executive Team, and stakeholders across the company—including the development of milestone goals (3-year, 5-year).
- Build and manage a project plan in support of Zapier’s DIBE vision and roadmap.
- Serve as program manager and guide for our core DIBE programs, including Zapier’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Advise on company policies that further promote diversity and equity in the workplace.
- Collaborate with Zapier’s Recruiting & L&D teams on programs and processes that enhance equity and inclusion in the ways we hire, onboard, and develop our people.
- Research new tools and strategies to make an impact and strengthen our underrepresented communities.
- Leverage data to measure our impact against our goals, and help drive decisions in the organization using tools like Looker, Charthop, and Google Sheets.
- Develop a vision for scaling DIBE-related capabilities at Zapier, including a plan to build out your team over time.
For the past ten years, Zapier has helped millions of people around the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management, and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, with at least 3-hours overlap with US East Coast time zone.
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Meaningful and customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries.
- Your own equipment. We'll set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America. We will resume retreats when it’s safe to travel again. Retreats typically take place twice a year as a company, once a year as a team. All expenses paid (flights, meals, transportation, etc.).
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian-, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Social Media Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs