C# .NET Developer - Remote, up to £45K
Prodigi is the world’s most globally connected print on demand platform.
We help businesses scale at speed, simplify their supply chains and maximise their profits by giving them the tools to print any image onto any physical product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Supported by a global fulfilment network, we’re integrated with more than 50 print labs in over 10 countries – including four in-house manufacturing facilities in the UK, EU and US.
Founded in 2014, we pride ourselves on making our clients successful and recently ranked 14th in the Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 – an annual league table recognising the UK’s fastest-growing companies. We’re customer-focused, restlessly innovative and quality-obsessed. As the demand for our software continues to grow, you’ll get to work with everyone from artists and photographers to bands and major brands.
Our tech division is currently made up of three cross-functional product teams, all working to empower clients using our ecommerce applications, fulfilment API and global network of print labs. We work remotely, with the aim of meeting up in person every six weeks (COVID permitting) at our main tech office in the centre of Cardiff. Each team is empowered to work the way that is most suitable to them. We learn from our mistakes and constantly challenge ourselves to better our ways of working.
As a developer on the API team, you'll be tasked with helping design and implement new endpoints for our public facing merchant API and proxies, as well as building up internal microservices, their infrastructure-as-code and their respective APIs to assist the rest of the tech team in Prodigi with their duties.
We never like to solve the same problem twice, so we strive to write good quality code that doesn't need maintenance, and bug fixes that never come back. If you want to be a multiplier for the rest of the businesses success, then this is the team for you.
Work on maintaining the existing Prodigi Print API, adding features, fixing bugs and integrating new partners
Assist in designing, creating, maintaining and documenting microservices for other tech teams to consume, and to iterate with those teams to build the best services that the business needs
Support existing systems, using tools like Application Insights and logs to help debug issues and produce production ready fixes in a timely manner. We never want to see the same code fail twice
Work with seniors and tech leads to help build the solutions we need, and for you to grow and improve in the process
Work with our junior developers and help them with their daily duties and learning opportunities through regular pairing and knowledge sharing sessions
Review any and all code changes made to the API and all of its infrastructure
Take part in regular team ceremonies - standups, refinement, retrospectives and planning sessions
We’d like to work with someone who...
Can demonstrate great C# knowledge and coding experience and is comfortable building things from scratch with minimal guidance
Has an analytical mindset with great attention to details; ensuring code meets best possible quality standards and maximum performance.
Shows initiative - we’re a small company still, so we’ll expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on.
Wants to grow with us. As we continue to grow, you’ll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams.
Likes automation. We process and print over half a million items a month. We manage this by automating aggressively.
You will have knowledge of these technologies...
C# (we always upgrade as high as we can. currently .NET Core 3.1 for most things, and .NET Framework 4.7.2 where Core is unavailable)
SOLID principles are understood and applied with minimal guidance
Good experience writing tests, and testable code
Knowledge and understanding of microservices (API Gateway and Web Apps)
Familiarity with .NET frameworks like: Entity Framework, NUnit, Swagger
Familiarity with development tools like: Postman, NGrok, Git/GitHub
Strong understanding of basic Azure services like Web Apps, Functions, Blob Storage, SQL Server/Databases and Application Insights
Experience that would be useful (though we’re open minded)...
Expertise in Git and GitHub
Building CI/CD using Azure DevOps pipelines
Good overall understanding of Azure services
Familiarity with other cloud service providers technology, mainly AWS but other areas are useful
Understands what makes a good API
Familiarity with building and maintaining Infrastructure-as-code: ARM Templates, Bicep, and other such technologies
What we offer:
Up to £45,000 pa depending on experience.
You will have 25 days holiday per year plus one day off for your birthday.
Flexible hours and flexible working location, work from home or the office, your choice.
Spec your own development machine
Company Pension 3% employer contribution, 5% employee
Health care cash plan
Cycle to work and tech purchase schemes
A charity day per year to volunteer at a recognised charity
We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences and backgrounds lead to a workplace that's better for everyone.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open Social Media Manager Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs