Senior Python Developer, Remote - up to £90k
Prodigi is the world’s most globally connected print on demand platform.
We help businesses scale at speed, simplify their supply chains and maximise their profits by giving them the tools to print any image onto any physical product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Supported by a global fulfilment network, we’re integrated with more than 50 print labs in over 10 countries – including four in-house manufacturing facilities in the UK, EU and US.
Founded in 2014, we pride ourselves on making our clients successful and recently ranked 14th in the Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 – an annual league table recognising the UK’s fastest-growing companies. We’re customer-focused, restlessly innovative and quality-obsessed. As the demand for our software continues to grow, you’ll get to work with everyone from artists and photographers to bands and major brands.
Our tech division is currently made up of three cross-functional product teams, all working to empower clients using our ecommerce applications, fulfilment API and global network of print labs. We work remotely, with the aim of meeting up in person every six weeks (COVID permitting) at our main tech office in the centre of Cardiff. Each team is empowered to work the way that is most suitable to them. We learn from our mistakes and constantly challenge ourselves to better our ways of working.
As a Senior Python and Django developer, you’ll be part of the team developing our suite of ecommerce applications enabling Prodigi to reach new markets and create new and innovative products and revenue streams.
Working closely with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and other stakeholders, you’ll have the opportunity to bring technical leadership to our suite of high-volume ecommerce and image applications. You’ll work on technically challenging projects, be heavily involved in the overall direction of our services and relied upon to make decisions regarding architecture, development process and quality. As a senior member of the team, you’ll also act as a mentor to other team members and help them develop professionally.
We’d like to work with someone who...
Is comfortable taking a lead on architecture and technology choices, and enjoys working with other great developers.
Takes the initiative - we’re a small but growing team, so we’ll expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on.
Through your strong communication and influencing skills will lead others to higher standards and solve problems collaboratively.
Wants to grow with us. As we continue to grow, you’ll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams.
Likes automation. Our tech team is currently 20 strong, and we process and print over a million items a month. We manage this by automating aggressively.
You will have knowledge of these technologies...
Extensive experience of Python
A solid understanding of Django/Flask
Experience that would be useful (though we’re open minded)...
Experience with high volume ecommerce or image manipulation and presentation applications such as Blender are bonuses
Experience with ecommerce application integrations such as Shopify, Etsy, Big Commerce
A solid understanding of modern software development practices including things like CI/CD.
Designing, building, consuming APIs
Understanding of Microservice Architecture
C# .Net Core is a bonus as this is our Print API tech stack.
We use lots of other stuff too - but if you’re the right candidate, you’ll enjoy picking up any new tools or frameworks you don’t already know.
What we offer:
Up to £90,000 pa depending on experience.
You will have 25 days holiday per year plus one day off for your birthday.
Flexible hours and flexible working location, work from home or the office, your choice.
Spec your own development machine
Company Pension 3% employer contribution, 5% employee
Health care cash plan
Cycle to work and tech purchase schemes
A charity day per year to volunteer at a recognised charity
We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences and backgrounds lead to a workplace that's better for everyone.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Social Media Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs