Data Privacy Analyst
Remote - United Kingdom
This role is available to those within a commutable distance from the Cardiff, London or Southampton office
While we are a fully licensed UK bank, we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day 1, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Data Privacy Analyst to join our Data Protection Team within the 2nd line Risk Function. This is a brand new position that will give you the unique opportunity to really make it your own. It will be hands-on with senior exposure, representing a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant institution and to shape the Bank’s attitude to data protection.
- Report directly to the Data Protection Officer on the Bank’s level of compliance with the DPA 2018 and UK GDPR.
- Analyse and evaluate compliance with relevant data protection regulations, standards and frameworks.
- Provide appropriate oversight, review and challenge of all relevant 1st line activities and controls from a data protection perspective, considering the application of the data protection principles, individual rights and the Bank’s ability to demonstrate its compliance in this area.
- Monitor privacy controls against policies and procedures, complete data protection assurance reviews from start to finish (with minimal input from the DPO) and produce reports to a standard that can be presented at Board-level
- Support the DPO with due diligence activities and risk assessments, including DPIAs
- Produce data protection MI for regular reporting into the Bank’s risk governance committees, to support decision making and allow Starling to demonstrate its accountability
- Maintain Article 30 Records of Processing Activities (ROPA)
- Support the DPO with personal breach event management, including undertaking risk assessment to assess the breach severity and advising on any corrective actions needed to mitigate future risk - to Starling and/or individual(s)
- Help drive a positive data protection culture and promote compliance awareness across the business, including developing data protection awareness campaigns and training programs
- Maintain expert knowledge of the data protection environment through frequent horizon scanning of new regulatory requirements and monitoring the industry landscape for any trends and best practices related to data protection
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience in a role involving privacy compliance, preferably within financial services, although this is not compulsory
- A recognised Privacy qualification is preferred (e.g. CIPP, CIPM etc.) or a willingness to become qualified within the first 12 months of employment
- In-depth knowledge of data protection laws and regulations, with the ability to express complex ideas or legislation in easily understandable ways
- Ability to read and digest data protection legislation and summarise key points
- Demonstrable ability to analyse privacy problems and communicate solutions to a wide range of audiences.
- Proven experience of conducting data protection assurance activities from start to finish, reviewing (and challenging) Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and supporting the business on privacy related matters
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills
- Experience with spreadsheets would be an advantage, as would the ability to produce accurate and timely management information and dashboards
- High work standards with a strong attention to detail
- Self starter; proactive attitude, committed to continuous improvement and willing to drive different initiatives
- A genuine interest and desire to work in the Privacy field
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Family friendly leave policies
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 2.5 million accounts in total: including 400,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £7 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award four years running, and now employ more than 1,600 people across our London, Southampton and Cardiff offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Staff Product Designer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs