IT Project Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced IT Project Manager.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Reporting to the Director of IT Program Management, the Project Manager/Scrum Master plans, directs, and coordinates activities for technology projects impacting Great Minds Enterprise Applications and IT Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, who can recognize and make process improvement recommendations. You will also be self-motivated, team-oriented, and passionate about technology and bringing a mindset of continuous improvement to the business operations.
The Project Manager will work closely with our rapidly growing IT team, as well as key senior leadership across Sales, Marketing, Finance, and with third-party vendors in planning, coordinating, executing, and supporting technology projects and initiatives.
- This individual will be responsible for planning, documenting, managing, and coordinating project activities from initiation through delivery.
- Create reports and dashboards within Jira.
- Translate technical requirements to high-level project goals.
- Directs the work of the project team, including other project managers.
- Identifies and deploys resources required for projects.
- Functions as escalation to project teams to resolve issues.
- Maintains project tools.
- Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field.
- Be comfortable and adaptable to the needs of a rapidly growing organization with strong communication skills, work ethic, and a customer service mentality.
- 5+ years’ technology work experience and 3+ years demonstrated information technology project management work across diverse application areas and technologies.
- Experience working in an agile environment, facilitating release planning and project management.
- Experience estimating level of effort of development activities, leading daily standups, tracking progress by keeping the sprint backlog up-to-date, and helping to remove impediments.
- Working knowledge of Jira or similar project management software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities with multiple internal & external customers.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Project Management Certification and/or Scrum Master Certification.
- Education industry experience.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Community Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Back End Java Developer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs