Director of Design
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, BetterUp, and Honey. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization. We are a fully distributed team that is dedicated to creating an environment where you do the best work of your career. With headquarters in San Francisco and team members across North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia, we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We are looking for an experienced Director of Design, who will be responsible for leading our growing design team, devising UX strategies in line with our client’s business objectives. This role requires you to be the driving force behind building our design team, unlocking their potential to produce a high-performing, mission-driven, inclusive, harmonious, and impactful team as Graphite enters a period of explosive growth. This is a fully remote work opportunity.
What you’ll do:
Graphite’s design thought leader. You will create and maintain Graphite’s design vision and roadmap, building a strategy and process for doing excellent design work across a wide variety of clients. This is a strategic role working with our leadership team who are some of the world’s premier experts in growth.
Build, lead and grow a highly collaborative team of designers (currently 2 strong, soon to be 3+), constantly reviewing, iterating, and coaching to create a high-performance design culture.
Be a true design partner to our clients. We work with some of the premier consumer technology companies in the world. You will work with these clients closely to architect the UX that is best for them given their growth, conversion, brand, and product goals.
What you’ll need:
5+ years of experience in a design lead, UX/UI design, or similar role.
A proven track record of delivering first-class UX designs, from conception through to execution and launch. You have experience in creating world-class digital experiences across a range of devices. Ideally, you’ve been embedded in or partnered closely with digital marketing or growth orgs.
Strong experience with design projects centered around growth marketing objectives including conversion optimization design (email subscription campaigns, blogs, landing pages).
Executive presence: this is a client-facing role in which you’ll need to be a strong communicator and trusted design business partner to our clients.
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. To facilitate this, we provide:
Process As Needed - We view the process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
Vacation & Time Off - To be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.
Graphite provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Social Media Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs