IT Support Engineer
Remote - Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
At Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub), we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 2,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
About the job:
As Zyte continues to grow, we are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our fully remote team. You will work with our dynamic Support team, mostly providing installation, maintenance, and providing support to our non-technical teams. You will be a centralized resource to answer questions, troubleshoot problems, and facilitate solutions to known problems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to internal groups in Zyte to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Provide desktop support to Mac and Windows users.
- Own set up/close accounts management and IT tools onboarding of new members.
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to work independently to resolve technical issues.
- Effectively collaborate within the team and with other teams to constantly improve the processes and tools for greater efficiency and better user-end experience.
- Document procedures, corrective actions, and update knowledge base systems.
- Keeps peers and management informed of trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays.
- Track and respond to issues logged on Jira in an efficient manner.
- Timely updating of Zytans on IT queries.
- Provide efficient tracking of IT Inventory.
- Liaise with IT Vendors to order and deliver hardware to new Zytans.
- Help to maintain and evolve simple production integrations hosted on Cloud services (AWS and Google Cloud Platform).
- Plan and deploy basic tooling training and deploy basic security training working along with Security Engineer and Legal.
- 2+ years desktop support or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record in technical self-learning, you will be supporting Google Suite, Slack, Jira, and Confluence.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Mac and Windows for Desktop.
- Previous experience with the following: Install OS, reinstall, repair, backup data, restore data, managing logins, authentication systems.
- Strong customer focus with a mindset for preventing future recurrence of issues.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills and ability to articulate a complex system or problem based on the type of audience.
- Strong team player with good analytical and technical writing skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills with a sense of collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and commitments.
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with nontechnical team members.
- Able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately.
- Experience with Scripting to automate IT tasks.
- Real-world experience with containers, especially Docker.
- Google Cloud Platform serverless computing and AWS knowledge and experience
- Basic understanding of Computer Networks (DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, TLS/SSL) and managing web servers
- Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
- Have the freedom & flexibility to work remotely.
- Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Community Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Back End Java Developer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs