2022 Returnship Programme - Banking
Remote - United Kingdom
Location: Cardiff, London or Southampton
Programme: 6-month cross-company returnship, part of the Fintech Cross-Company Returner Programme
Start Date: January 2022
Starling Bank, Britain’s Best Bank (2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021!), is delighted to be participating in the Fintech Cross-Company Returner Programme 2022. We have an exciting opportunity within our Operations department for experienced professionals who are looking to return to work after a career break of 18 months or more.
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6 months starting in January 2022, with the strong possibility of an ongoing role at the end of the assignment.
- The position will be based in our Cardiff, London or Southampton office.
- In addition to the Career Returners Coaching Programme support you will receive from Women Returners, Starling Bank will partner you with a professional mentor and buddy to support your return to work, professional development and help you to develop your internal professional network.
- Flexible working options are available depending on the role.
Our Banking Team designs and implements the right support for our personal and business customers and ensure we meet the needs of our growing customer base and product suite. You will help us build the bank - ensuring we can support new products and manage the complexities that come with rapid growth.
Every day at Starling is different - we’re looking for someone who is collaborative, curious, proactive and thrives on working in a fast paced environment.
The role will be a mix of operations, strategy, analysis and project work to support our customers and the growth of our business. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and make an impact quickly with the strong possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement.
- Banking or commercial / business, project management, consultancy, fintech or other start-up experience preferred
- Customer-centric problem solver with can-do attitude
- Passionate about building a better banking offering
- Strong process and analytical mindset
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and quickly adapt to change
- Good understanding of banking customer needs preferred
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our teams and the passion of our people - if the role excites you, get in touch and tell us why!
This role will close on the 10th October 2021.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the team on email@example.com.
If you have any questions on the overall programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Family friendly leave policies
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 2.5 million accounts in total: including 400,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £7 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award four years running, and now employ more than 1,000 people across our London, Southampton and Cardiff offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Software Development Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Executive Assistant Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Social Media Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Open Source-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open CI/CD-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs