Enterprise Account Executive
Circonus seeks a highly experienced and proven Enterprise Account Executive with the drive and determination to help us rapidly expand our client base. We are looking for an individual with experience in the network management, monitoring and observability space who has sold Operational tools that help IT teams improve their reporting and troubleshooting. Ideal candidates have a proven track record of exceeding quota, enterprise selling and building win-win customer relationships. This Account Executive Role reports to the CEO and Director of Sales. The AE will own the entire sales process including the coordination of internal resources which includes technical consultants and Circonus executive involvement as needed during deal pursuits. Compensation details - The AE role has a base salary and a variable compensation tied to commission earned on sales. OTE range of $225-275k. There is no cap on commissions. Accelerators exist for all sales above 100%.
Key Accountabilities for Account Executives
- Territory Planning - Each AE will develop a territory plan that includes the key accounts and a summary of the outreach efforts planned to generate sufficient pipeline to achieve quota. Quota targets include $2M of net new sales/ARR and $500K of expansion sales. Targeting our Ideal Customer Profiles - Using our ICP definition, AE will develop a list of target accounts that match our Ideal Customer Profile. Building on our installed accounts in gaming, live-streaming content providers, and financial services, AE will develop a list of accounts that possess similar attributes in the tools they have deployed, the metrics they want to improve and the size and maturity of their IT teams.
- Prospecting - AEs will develop outreach campaigns in conjunction with our Marketing team. Outreach will include email outreach supported by phone calls, trade show participation and follow-up on lead generation activities and inbounds. Outreach will include executives and users. Circonus needs support from both teams to develop the momentum within their business to consider changing vendors and making a switch. Executive prospecting will focus on business benefits, tools consolidation, centralized visibility and quick time to value. User prospecting will focus on the usability, speed and scale of the system as well as the centralized power of multiple “tools” in the same platform.
- Discovery Calls and Meetings - AE will lead the initial discovery calls to help qualify leads. Selling remotely, AE will lead the introductory discussion and establish the next steps in the sales process. Second calls will include sales support from a Technical Solution consultant who can provide deeper technical content to satisfy users and Operations teams.
- Sales Execution - AE will work to develop a broad constituency of supporters within the prospect’s organization, who see value in learning more about Circonus. This consensus building process will include executives and users as we provide product evaluations and proof of concepts to demonstrate our ability to work in their environment. Account mapping and understanding their decision process guides your sales actions and you demonstrate our unique ability to satisfy their requirements. Upsell and Expansion - AEs will need to “land and expand” accounts as we get a foothold in their environment and then grow our presence.
- Negotiation - AE will manage the pricing discussion with clients and provide the business justification required to help our sponsors successfully get the project funded and approved. Closing - AE will support the contracting process and owns the responsibility for getting the Purchase Order and Contract.
- Forecasting - Accurate maintenance of a forecast that includes the Committed Revenue, Best Case Revenue and Pipeline values for each quarter. Forecast hygiene - includes tracking of all opportunities using Salesforce.
Key skills required to succeed at Circonus
- Solution selling - Given the technical nature of our solution and the challenge of converting users to a new monitoring solution, we need AEs that can connect the technical elements of our story with the business outcomes that we enable. We want to solution sell and to engage prospects with a future-vision that motivates them to consider the work required in testing and vetting our solution.
- Persistence - AEs need to possess a willingness to take a long-term perspective to building a territory. As with any growth of a territory, we need sellers that enjoy the process of building a territory and laying the groundwork needed to turn small wins into larger accounts. We want to win a small footprint and then grow our presence as we have done in accounts that started with $100K initial purchases that have grown to over $1M recurring.
Key attitudes that we seek in AEs
- Entrepreneurial - We want AEs that view themselves as CEO of their territories.
- Start-up Mindset - We need “can-do” attitude and AEs that understand the early stage company requirements that all employees contribute in a variety of ways to winning and supporting the sales process.
- Teamwork - We want team members that enjoy winning together and celebrating our mutual success.
- Athletic approach - We want team members who are ready to compete. We don’t expect to win every sale but we do expect to outwork and outhustle the competition.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as an Enterprise Account Executive or similar role
- Strong technical acumen. Experience in the monitoring / observability space strongly preferred
- A proven track record of consistently achieving sales targets
- Experience with lead generation and pipeline development from outbound account-based marketing efforts
- High levels of accountability and acceptance of personal responsibility for sales success
- Excellent negotiation skills resulting in win-win relationships
- Excellent writing, editing, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Well-honed interpersonal, relationship building, and persuasion skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious, willing to learn, adapt, and excel
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Team player, highly collaborative
Job region(s): Worldwide/Anywhere
Job stats: 2 0 0
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Community Manager jobs
- Remote Back End Java Developer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs