Full-Stack Engineer Ruby / Vue.JS
Livestorm is the all-in-one video communication platform for companies looking to implement a powerful video communication strategy.
Founded in 2016, Livestorm enables companies to promote, host and analyze their online events. We’re building the future of unified video communication: an all-in-one video communication platform that connects to your tools and lives in your browser. Livestorm is a browser-based platform that doesn’t require a download, or setup. You can use Livestorm for on-demand, live, or pre-recorded meetings or events.
Livestorm has been built with ease-of-use in mind.
We serve companies of all sizes, from startups to Fortune500. Front, Honda, Intercom or Spendesk trust Livestorm to organize their meetings, webinars or online events. We are a product driven company which means that the quality of what we deliver matters most. We will always choose quality over quantity in terms of development.
Here are our core values:
- Stay curious: Be interested in the world around you.
- Remain humble: Keep learning and keep your ego in check.
- Be resourceful: Go that extra mile in the most efficient way.
- Own it: Take pride in what you do, own your wins, and fails.
- Be transparent: Sharing knowledge, learnings, feedback, and mistakes.
As part of the Tech Team, you will join a crew of experts working on building the best product possible using the latest technologies and without compromise on the code legacy.
- Backend: Ruby 2.7.1 (soon Ruby 3), Rails 6
- Datastores: PostgreSQL / Redis
- Websockets: Anycable
- Frontend: Vue.js
You'll work alongside our Staff Engineers, Back-End Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and will be reporting to an Engineering Manager.
The Room Tribe is the one working to build the best video conference experience you can have with online events. It's mainly dealing architectural and design decisions around our real-time architecture (chat, polls, WebRTC/HLS). It best fits Full-Stack Developers with knowledge in Front-End, Back-End and Infrastructure side.
While Livestorm has headquarters in Paris, we are a remote-first company. As a matter of fact, Stormies are located between France, Germany, Greece, Mauritius, Spain, USA,... so we are looking for the best talent, no matter where you live.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Accelerating our roadmap to create an impact on the company's growth
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software features on the product
- Leading the communication between Engineering Teams and comprehend our entire stack
- Incentivizing best practices from your past experiences at every level of the company (from Interns to C-levels)
For this Full-Stack Engineer role, we are looking for someone with the following experience:
- At least 2 years experience in Ruby and Rails (Rails 5+) and its ecosystem in production
- Strong skills in SQL (mostly through PostgreSQL) and knowledge in code / data scalability (e.g CQRS)
- Experience with workers and idempotency patterns (e.g Sidekiq)
- Rigorous about testing and code quality (TDD, acceptance tests, unit tests)
- Respect of SOLID principles, or any pattern helping with delivering great code
- You love to make your code readable and get excited looking at beautifully written algorithms.
- Curious about GraphQL (e.g Apollo) and NodeJS
- Interested by micro-service oriented architectures, DDD, event-driven design
- When something breaks you don't roll on the floor crying, but rather take the lead to fix it up.
- You are curious about new languages and aren't afraid of using new patterns and structures.
- You're a team player and you have a sense of ownership.
- You want to work with people from all over the globe (USA, Turkey, Belgium, France).
- You're fluent in English (French is a plus)
- You're up for a challenge.
Moreover, we are looking for someone who can work in the Paris timezone (we accept a time difference of 2 hours maximum).
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
What it is like to join Livestorm and the Stormies:
🗺 Work from anywhere you want:
- 🏡 Home (participation for equipment and costs, according to our expense policy)
- 🏢 Paris office (snacks, drinks, afterworks...)
- 💼 Coworking space (covered up to €300 including VAT per month, or local currency equivalent)
- 🚉 Business trips are covered (according to our internal T&E policies)
- 🚲 Sustainable mobility package for daily trips to go to work
🎉 Cheer up your Stormie life:
- 🎿 Off-sites twice a year
- 🕹 Weekly activities (online board games, riddles...)
- 👐 Teambuildings
- 🗣 Monthly Talking times
💙 Take care of yourself (with Moka.care)
🤝 Participate to our referral program
👶 Livestorm signed the "Parental act"
And also, benefit from:
🌍 All legal and mandatory benefits from your work country for EOR contracts.
🇫🇷 All French legal benefits for French contracts: €9 of lunch vouchers with Swile (covered at 50%), health insurance with Alan (covered at 50%), transport subscription to go to work (covered at 50%), and CSE with cultural & sport activities via Leeto.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs