Program Manager, Analytics Implementation
LOCATION: Please note- you have the option of being fully remote, hybrid, or in office (NY or D.C.) for this role.
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
We are seeking an experienced program manager that is capable of managing all aspects of data capture for Vox Media. This role will be responsible for creating a scalable, reliable implementation to serve as the foundation for understanding our content, audience, and product insights to communicate to stakeholders across the entire company. You will be responsible for providing a point-of-view for best-practices, be able to seamlessly translate company objectives into technical solutions, document and communicate enhancements in data collection to stakeholders and participate in educational programs for end-user training.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Vox Media’s data implementation and identify areas for improvement to enable actionable insights of our audience, content, user experience, advertising, subscriptions, and affiliate ecommerce business.
- Serve as subject matter expert for guiding our Product team on the implementation of analytics solutions (Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Adobe Analytics, etc.) using Google Tag Manager.
- Help oversee the solution design requirements for data capture across all Vox Media digital properties and platforms, including for emerging areas of focus like data privacy and page speed
- Stay in-the-loop with upcoming product launches, collect/interpret/anticipate stakeholder’s questions, create implementation requirements and documentation, and work with the product/dev team to see that requirements are implemented as designed.
- Interface with our vendors to stay up to date on new capabilities, products, and ways that we can optimize our data collection.
- Support our team’s education efforts by running/participating in training sessions showing end users how to use the data that is being collected.
- Create systems to proactively monitor and catch issues/errors in data collection.
- Bring innovative ways to integrate disparate data sources for a more holistic view of our audience, content, and advertising.
- Assist with evaluation of analytics vendors and contracts.
What You’ll Bring
- You have managed an analytics implementation before and know the ins-and-outs of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- You have the ability to bridge the gap between implementation requirements, reporting, and how the data can be visualized in reports/analyses.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills — empathizing with and optimizing to your current stakeholder’s needs and have an enthusiasm for collaborative work.
- You’re able to manage multiple tracks of work at once, balancing both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously. You take initiative in starting new projects and seeing them through (individually or through collaboration).
Bonus points for:
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tools
- A passion for Vox Media brands, content, and products.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs