Senior Security Engineer
Remote - Dallas, Texas, United States
Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
We are currently seeking a US-based Senior Security Engineer to help drive a broad range of security initiatives across the organization. The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for managing, and more importantly improving our existing security processes and will play an integral role in the organization's Work from Anywhere initiative, assisting with the ongoing transition away from perimeter-based security towards an architecture that embraces the principles of the Zero Trust security model.
The ideal candidate will preferably be based in Texas, US.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and maturing our cloud (AWS) monitoring solutions, including Guard Duty, Config, and Security Hub.
- Respond to and act on security incidents as part of the Incident Response team, as well as identify ways to prevent incidents reoccurring.
- Configure, monitor and respond to automated alerts from EDR & SIEM with a focus on tuning our tools to ensure we receive the highest fidelity alerts possible.
- Identify, track & resolve vulnerabilities as part of our vulnerability management program.
- Conduct third-party risk assessments.
- Participate in internal security assessments such as Purple Team exercises to ensure our controls and detections are working as intended, and identify gaps.
- Develop internal tooling to automate repeatable tasks.
- 5+ years of information security experience.
- Experience monitoring and securing AWS environments. (e.g., CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Inspector, GuardDuty, Security Hub)
- Knowledge or experience with SASE services, particularly CASB and ZTNA.
- Knowledge of and experience with programming/scripting (e.g., Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with a broad range of security solutions, including: EDR, SIEM, and Vulnerability Management tools.
- Experience building and maintaining security systems.
- Experience of Windows, Linux/Unix, or macOS systems.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a global, fast-paced, and dynamic working environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, positive, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Experience deploying and maintaining CASB solutions.
- AWS Certified Security.
- Experience with transitioning to cloud-based SIEM solutions.
- Security certifications such as GIAC GSEC, GIAC GCIH, CEH desired.
- Experience with Application Security testing and tooling (e.g., SAST, DAST, etc.)
- Generous compensation package which includes; competitive salary, annual bonus, stock options and expense reimbursements related to travel and remote working.
- Excellent benefits; generous health insurance, paid time off (PTO), volunteering days, paid parental leave, paid military leave, paid sick leave, long service award of additional PTO, employee assistance program and mental health support.
- Spirited and energetic culture; regular team building events (in-person and online), monthly employee care packages, employee engagement activities with prizes, weekly updates from our cofounders, employee thank you cash awards, company swag!
- Career Development: In-house training programs and online learning management platforms, employee career path programs, professional certification and eduction support.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs