Senior Manager, Model Risk (2453)
Remote - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2453
Location: Calgary/Edmonton, AB (this opportunity can work remotely, with travel, if preferred)
Apply by: September 12, 2021
Leader: Managing Director, Model Risk
As ATB’s next Senior Manager, Model Risk you will be responsible for managing model inventory, validating/vetting models, and assessing residual risks in ATB’s models; conducts model risk activities according to the model risk management policy and framework and provide value added and actionable recommendations to senior management and business lines.
This role is responsible for independently validating models in ATB which will include an assessment of model conceptual soundness, evaluation of data and assumptions, testing model computational accuracy, and performing outcomes analysis (such as back-testing and bench-marking, stress testing), performance monitoring review and implementation risk review, promoting enterprise wide effective model risk management practices.
Senior Manager, Model Risk Accountabilities:
- Utilize advanced quantitative methodologies and experience to verify and validate the models and assess the risks inherent in the models used at ATB.
- Apply innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to identify risks in the models and draw conclusions and recommendations to help business achieve strategic objectives and to mitigate those risks.
- Write validation technical reports and present validation results along with recommendations to senior leaders, model owners and users.
- Track the remediation plans and progresses.
- Maintain the model inventory of ATB and track model risk management activities to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Create periodically Model Risk Management status reports and ADHOC reports for senior leaders.
- Assist and support leaders in the organization on regulator requests.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with participants and stakeholders within ATB's model community.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and compliance team to ensure enterprise-wide model governance and efficents controls are implemented and inline with OSFI Guidelines and industry best practice.
- Provide guidance to business units to establish effective risk controls measures.
- Provide recommendations based on industry best practices.
- Recommend inputs and solutions to ATB to assist on quantitative strategies.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics, Operational Research, Data Science or a related quantitative field.
- Minimum 3 years Analytic experience in financial industry.
- At least 7 years experience in statistical modelling or model validation. Experience in Model Risk Management in financial industry is highly desirable.
- Strong mathematical/statistical analysis skills supported by strong computer programming in analytical and database programming languages (SAS, R, Python).
- Working experience using SAS / SQL / BigQuery to work with large data. Work experience with GCP would be an asset.
- Proficiency in key econometric and statistical techniques (predictive modeling, logistic regression, survival analysis, design of experiments, decision trees, data mining methods, simulation, optimization and other advanced statistical and data science techniques).
- Understanding/experience with OSFI guidance on model risk management and banking regulations such as IFRS 9 loan loss framework, regulatory capital will be an additional asset.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes technical report written skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality, with quality control mindset and attention to details.
- Highly developed analytical skills combined with an ability to 'see beyond the numbers' to identify issues and to understand the underlying causes of model deficiency issues and business implications.
- Professional, friendly, courteous, respectful and highly motivated personality.
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in team activities.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We will also keep your application on file for future roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
Stay in touch!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs