Senior Industrial Consultant
Remote - USA
Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the necessities of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments. We are practitioners who have lived through and solved real security challenges. Our team members have responded to incidents including the 2015 Ukraine power grid attack, analyzed the CRASHOVERRIDE malware identified in the 2016 Ukraine electric grid attack, analyzed the TRISIS malware discovered in the petrochemical facility attack in 2017, built and led the National Security Agency (NSA) mission to identify nation-states targeting critical infrastructure, and performed assessments on hundreds of assets around the world. The Dragos Professional Services team serves as the boots-on-the-ground industry experts in solving industrial control system (ICS) security challenges. We then bring current operational insights back from the field and integrate them into our software technology: The Dragos Platform. We're looking for individuals who are passionate about safeguarding civilization, with hands-on experience in architecture assessments, advisory work, and threat-based risk assessments. Candidates will be working directly with U.S. and international customers and directly contributing to R&D efforts.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on a team performing architecture reviews, tabletop exercises, etc., in industrial environments. These engagements include a range of tasks such as documentation review and gap analysis, site walk-downs, and network/host data collection and analysis.
- Contribute to the final delivery of findings and recommendations documents. This includes verbally presenting findings and addressing customer questions.
- Turn insights from customer engagements into research and innovation projects to fuel Dragos technology advancement. This includes the analysis of packet capture (PCAP) and other data types to produce protocol dissectors, characterizations, and other analytics.
- Turn insights from customer engagements into content for the Dragos customer training program. This includes authoring new lesson and exercise material, and facilitating the Dragos five-day ICS security course.
- Create and facilitate tabletop exercises tailored to customer infrastructures and environments, with detailed scenarios illustrating consequences and effects. Participate in exercises in order to showcase Dragos capabilities and transfer knowledge that enables customers to respond to real-world attacks.
- Serve as a mentor for fellow team members.
- Willingness to be a team player on a fast-moving team focused on rapidly elevating the state of industrial security.
- 4+ years of hands-on cybersecurity experience, and proven ability to perform consulting duties such as architecture reviews and tabletop exercises.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with common cybersecurity toolsets used to collect and analyze data from networks and/or host devices.
- Ability to collect and analyze network data in order to characterize and baseline networks, validate documented state, and identify malicious or anomalous activity.
- Ability to write concise, high-quality reports that directly support customer and engagement success criteria.
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate training and present complex analytical data to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, both domestic and international (average travel is 35%).
- Self-motivated and results focused; ability to strengthen the team and its mission.
- Expertise or interest in industrial control systems and industrial communications protocols.
- Hands on knowledge and experience in industrial environments and technologies including PLCs, RTUs, instrumentation, industrial protocols, and the industrial processes they sustain is a plus
- Experience with various controls frameworks including IEC62443 and NERC CIP is a plus
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs