Technical Web Designer (remote)
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, BetterUp, and Thumbtack. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization. We are a small team based in San Francisco, CA with additional team members in Canada, Europe, and Latin America, and we are ready to welcome our next team member!
As a Technical Web Designer, you will be responsible for developing design proposals based on competitive analysis of our client’s direct competitors, data analysis, and research.; You will be part of our Growth team and help drive impact and growth for our client’s through premium UX and Conversion Rate Optimization. We’re looking for someone who can create premium web pages and is intensely focused on user conversion. You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration.
- This is a fully remote work opportunity.
What You’ll Do
Competitive UX analysis of our clients direct and indirect competitors
Design and deliver premium UX and conversion experiences on the web and mobile for a variety of clients and industries across a variety of page types (landing pages, articles, eCommerce, in-app, etc.)
Optimizing conversion rates through qualitative and quantitative techniques
Design and develop websites on webflow
Enforce brand guidelines, design systems, and design quality standards across Graphite’s standards for all deliverables
Prioritize appropriately: use good judgment to make recommendations
Be data-driven and have a strong desire to improve the experience constantly
Launch A/B tests to improve optimize design variations and conversion funnels
Design concepts, user flows, screens, and prototypes for growth
Rapidly produce multiple concepts and mockups
Lead the creative side of driving customer growth, brand awareness, and conversion
Think outside of the box when it comes to growth design strategies and recommendations
Manage production calendar, develop workflows with internal teams and external vendors from concept to completion.
Create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
3+ years experience in digital product design (deep experience in (UX) user experience, visual design, and prototyping)
Proficient experience working with Webflow
Expert level skills in Figma or Sketch (or be comfortable with/or willing to learn Figma)
3+ years of experience designing Landing Pages, Email, and visual design/graphic design experience for social media
Experience with visual design, prototyping, wire-framing, and interaction design
Understanding of acquisition & conversion, metrics-driven design, and A/B experimentation
Capable of understanding data systems and designing data-rich applications
Experience with qualitative research and quantitative decision making
Solid understanding of information architecture and service design
Idealistic, yet pragmatic
Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and what problems they’re solving
Self-manages their tasks and schedules
Very open to feedback
Minimum of 3+ years of experience in UI/UX or product design
A portfolio of successful web and mobile-based projects
Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills
A strong understanding of use cases, user flows, and information architecture
Advanced/Fluent English speaking skills
Bonus: Knowledge of Google Optimize, Optimizely, or any split testing tool
What you’ll learn:
- Programmatic SEO: Beyond best practices, we build SEO engines that scale. Indexation and architectural components, testing infrastructure, and high quality dynamically created local and marketplace content that fulfills the user’s intent.
- Premium Data-Driven Content: Data-driven approaches often lead to heavily optimized mediocrity. Premium approaches often lead to beautiful content with an uncertain return on investment. Often companies either have low-quality data-driven content or premium content based on intuition. We use proprietary technology that leverages data to quantify the largest content opportunities and combine this with a premium editorial style guide to produce delightful content and drive conversions.
- Growth Design: Based on 10+ years of experience and testing, we provide custom design solutions to dramatically increase key conversion funnels such as New User Experience (NUX), Authentication (Signup & Login), Commerce (Purchase & Cart), and App Growth (New Downloads & Retention).
- Team & Process: To build a sustainable robust growth strategy, we focus on building teams and processes that can be successful well beyond our engagement. This starts with creating scalable systems and continues by developing iterative growth processes and teams that can continuously launch improvements that grow conversions.
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. To facilitate this, we provide:
Process As Needed - We view the process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward and your own decisions and outcomes.
Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
Vacation & Time Off - To be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.
Graphite provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs