Business Development Representative, SMB
Remote - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
ReturnLogic is an exciting tech start-up, headquartered in Pennsylvania. Our Software as a Service (SAAS) platform helps e-commerce retailers optimize their product returns strategy, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom-line growth.
Our team is intrigued by, and inspired to hire, problem solvers who have a core “can do” attitude, a vision of “what can be, instead of what has been,” and, who want to build on a history of hard work, ethics, and pursuit of excellence in every aspect of their daily work. If you have at least 1+ years of proven sales achievements, a proven ability to collaborate and build strong business relationships, keep reading!
What does the Sales Development Representative do?
The Business Development Representative is an inside sales role that helps develop prospecting lists and engages prospective clients via phone, email, and other avenues. A BDR will qualify prospect fit, generate interest, and set appointments for Account Executives to speak with prospects. Cold-outreach is a primary function of this position. This is an entry-level role with strong likelihood of rapid career advancement for high performers.
Who are you?
- You’re not just looking for another job. You’re looking for a real opportunity to learn and grow, make an impact, and advance your career within a growing company.
- You are self-motivated and competitive, but you are also a team player who enjoys being part of a high-energy, collaborative group that works together and plays together.
- Your competitive nature means you enjoy beating goals & quotas and achieving the resulting rewards.
- You love talking to new people on the phone, learning about their needs, and getting them excited about a solution.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You manage your time well, pay attention to the details, and have a reputation for getting things done.
- You’re curious and hungry to learn. You are ready to push the limits of what makes you comfortable.
- You may have failed. You know what it means to struggle, but more importantly you have a history of pushing past that and learning from it to get better.
- Bonus points: You have experience with HubSpot or other CRMs, you have eCommerce or experience with Shopify, you have 1+ years' experience in sales or lead generation, you have B2B experience.
The right candidate will:
- Become an expert at using lead generation tools to generate lists of target prospect accounts.
- Qualify prospects based on their current business challenges and needs using targeted and relevant questions.
- Schedule discovery calls for our inside sales team.
- Be proficient at using a sales development platform to execute the outreach process consisting of phone, email, and social touches.
- Meet or exceed qualified lead/demos quota every month.
- Assist with creation and editing of email campaigns to target accounts
- Strive to continuously improve your sales development process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices.
- Represent and demonstrate our company values, brand, and mission.
Top characteristics and traits for a successful SDR:
- Ability to speak with CEOs, CFOs, VP Finance, Controllers, Accountants at early stage and growth businesses and ask intelligent questions.
- Genuine customer empathy.
- Organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment.
- A thirst for knowledge and growth in a start-up environment.
- A sense of urgency and persistence.
- Prior lead generation and/or sales prospecting experience is a plus but not required.
- Flexibility - we're a growing start up that moves fast
- A thoughtful communicator who is excellent at communicating through a variety of channels that require both written and verbal skills.
- Capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to wear multiple hats on the sales team and collaborate with other departments as needed for special projects.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Aggressive, positive attitude, strong organizational skills and a self-starter.
- “Day 1” proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook/Excel/Powerpoint/Word).
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
We’re a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is transparent and engages every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets — and results.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs