Jr. Engagement Marketing Manager
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels and since recently incorporated in the U.S., aims to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by over 300 cities and municipalities in +18 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave +750,000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to have +2.5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities across the globe.
Jr. Engagement Marketing Manager at CitizenLab
As our Jr. Engagement Marketing Manager, your main goal will be to raise brand awareness and build a strong online presence via its social media channels. You will run targeted marketing campaigns and help optimize our website for visitor-to-lead conversion. On this journey, you will work on our five-person Marketing team, and collaborate closely together with our Sr. Content Strategist and Growth Manager on shared goals around demand generation. Our small marketing team implies that everyone has a hands-on mentality, not being afraid of taking ownership and tackling the challenges that present themselves.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Social Media Management: develop, manage and implement our social media strategy, including content development and channel analysis across our markets.
- Campaign Management: serve as a project manager for the growth, content and product marketing managers in running strategic campaigns on different mediums, including but not limited to: newsletters, blogs, emails, social, webinars, press, etc.
- Website Management: have full ownership of the website and work closely with the rest of the marketing team to test new hypotheses that would help optimize conversion.
- Content Distribution: support our Sr. Content Strategist in identifying content distribution channels where CitizenLab’s expertise can be showcased.
What do we expect from you?
You like working in a small and agile team with a strong bias for action—we ideate, we experiment, we learn. You are curious, open-minded, and you proactively search for new insights in the field of digital democracy. Besides, you are eager to learn quickly and recognise yourself in the following profile:
Demonstrable +2y experience in (digital) marketing or communications, including at least one year in social media strategy.
Expert in the social media marketing domain, as well as a good understanding of digital marketing channels such as email and SEM.
Tech-savvy and experienced working with digital tools for social media (Hootsuite). Big plus if you’re familiar with website management (Webflow, Wordpress), email (Mailchimp), and analytics tools (GA).
Ability and excitement to work in a fast-paced environment. Team player spirit to thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative set-up.
Autonomous work style. You have the ability to lead and execute projects from start to finish, thanks to a strong skill set in project management and communication.
Very good proficiency in English. Dutch, French, and other European languages are a plus.
Being based in Europe is preferred to ease our collaboration.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
Unlock your full potential and have a social impact at scale. We're daily working with +300 governments to connect them to their citizens.
Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our expansion from Europe to the United States.
Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by the leadership.
Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organise many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy, as about having fun on our journey together.
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
Participate in inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly town halls and impact meetings, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
Work 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re growing fast together, both collectively and individually.
Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, personal development budget, well-being budget, participation in collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working remotely, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs