Project Manager - Production Services
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Project Manager - Production Services with experience in PK-12 Educational Publishing.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Operations team at Great Minds (GM) is responsible for the all aspects of order fulfillment and national distribution of our products as well as the management of all products in need of production services in preparation for digital or print distribution. As an Operations project manager, you will be working with various internal and external stakeholders to manage all new and existing content across all three curricular teams that will support teachers and students learn from home or in the classroom. This large-scale project involves the development and production of print and digital content for Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, including Spanish translation.
With minimal supervision, the Project Manager works directly with GM Product Managers and Senior Managers of Production Services to plan, estimate, coordinate, and monitor all activities associated with assigned projects to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished on time, in scope, and within budgetary parameters. Specific tasks include the setup of project plans in Smartsheet, development of detailed project scope documentation, negotiation of project timelines with requesting teams, coordination of resource allocation with Production Services Managers, leading weekly project meetings, and ongoing monitoring and reporting of project status.
Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Program Management in Operations, the Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Applying established procedures and basic project management methodologies as defined by PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Working with Great Minds teams across the organization to document project specifications and develop detailed scope documentation for each project.
- Coordinating with the Production Services Team to determine resources needed to accomplish project goals within a negotiated project timeline.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans in Smartsheet with dependencies, links to other active sheets, and automated workflows.
- Documenting project risk and the ongoing coordination of efforts to mitigate risk throughout project duration.
- Conducting ongoing project status meetings and acting as liaison between all project teams to creatively manage and negotiate schedule adjustments as needed to achieve project goals.
- Managing project change requests (e.g., scope, timeline) including documentation of requirements changes and negotiation of revised timelines given resource availability.
- Ensuring continuous communication around the project as required by the established communication plan.
- Planning for and reporting project metrics to document and evaluate the success of assigned projects.
- Conducting pre-project launch training as needed and post-project debrief meetings.
- Ongoing project and workflow set up and maintenance in 10,000 ft. and Smartsheet.
- Contributing to GM documentation and training related to project management.
- Supporting Production Services Managers on assigned projects including resource allocation management.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
A successful Project Manager at Great Minds can:
- Remain flexible during periods of frequent and/or rapid change.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Independently manage activities for multiple medium/large, complex projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines.
- Demonstrate personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in driving high-quality work products to completion.
- Anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals.
- Lead project teams to maintain and adhere to establish processes and procedures.
- Build cross-functional rapport while actively influencing Production Services events and negotiating changes to achieve project goals.
- Incorporate latest project information, make quick decisions, and keep the appropriate management and project staff informed of rapidly occurring developments.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities.
- Communicate well and work collaboratively within a team and across teams.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills.
- A university degree with a concentration in education, business, or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of lead project management experience, leading five to 10 (or more) projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, or similar project management software, Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems, & 10,000 ft. or similar resource allocation/scheduling software.
- Specialized knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a particular curricular discipline (math, English, science, world languages, etc.) is a plus.
- Full-time, Exempt
- This position is Remote
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs