Turnaround Assistance Group (TAG) Manager (2435)
Remote - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2435
Location: Alberta (This is a fully remote opportunity; occasional travel to Calgary or Edmonton may be required)
Apply by: September 6, 2021
Leader: Director, Turnaround Assistance Group (TAG)
Reporting to the Director, this role will manage a portfolio of distressed and impaired accounts primarily in excess of $2,500M. The Manager works collaboratively with underwriting, credit, and other internal and external partners to manage customer relationships. The role focuses on working with clients towards turnaround where possible, or to realize on assets and maximize recoveries where necessary, all while minimizing risk to ATB.
- Deep understanding ATB credit risk policy and procedure allows you to minimize risk to ATB
- Strong ability to analyze financial statements and other business information paired with strong client relationship management allows you understand our clients
- Structure and negotiate credit agreements with distressed borrowers towards turnaround where possible, exit where appropriate, and enforcement where necessary
- Negotiate with clients and other stakeholders, including being able to lead and navigate difficult conversations
- Strong portfolio management to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and in keeping with ATB policy and procedure while maintaining excellent customer service
- Estimate and manage specific file loan loss provisions for ATB
- Review all security documents and agreements to ensure validity and enforceability
- Work and communicate effectively with restructuring professionals, external counsel, valuators, and financial advisors
- Establish and maintain positive relationships at every level across industries and internally across the organization
- Ensure credit decisions / recommendations are in accordance with sound credit granting principles and are in accordance with ATB lending policy and procedures
- Regularly monitor your portfolio to ensure loan structuring is adhered to and pro-actively address any negative variances.
- At least 3 years of accounting or banking experience
- Credit structuring and financial analysis skills would be required
- Familiarity with agriculture is considered an asset
- Credit writing and restructuring experience would be considered an asset
- Experience in working with challenged accounts in restructuring and insolvency would be considered an asset
- A post-secondary degree in business, with a focus on marketing, finance, accounting or equivalent experience.
- Related Graduate level degree (MBA) or CA, CFA or CIRP designation would be an asset
- Strong negotiating and conversation skills.
- Skills to handle difficult conversations.
- Credit/Lending experience in the Independent Business sector.
- Familiarity with Business credit and security documents.
- Practical knowledge with collection procedures (e.g., Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, Civil Enforcement Act, Forbearance Agreement, Foreclosures, Receiverships, etc.)
- Detail oriented with strong attention to accuracy.
- Basic understanding of contract law as it pertains to security agreements would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability as a competent communicator with effective listening skills.
- Capable of making sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Accomplished personal computer skills, including the use of G-Suite for day to day work process
- “All-In” attitude that is aligned with and lives the “ATB’s” on a daily basis.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We will also keep your application on file for future roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
Stay in touch!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs