Senior DevOps Engineer
Rijeka (or remote), Croatia
iOLAP, Inc. is a big data and advanced analytics consultancy operating at the forefront of technology for more than two decades. With a client-centric and business-outcome perspective, we are completely focused on data technologies to create solutions that bring efficiencies, security, and scale to our clients.
Utilizing iOLAP’s focus on innovation and expertise in advanced analytics and AI technology, we launched Responsum, a conversational AI SaaS solution that enables sales teams to use natural language to interact directly with their tools, manage knowledge, and automate their sales plays to boost productivity and revenue.
We are looking for a passionate senior DevOps engineer to join the fast growing Responsum AI team. As the DevOps lead, you will be responsible for architecting and managing Responsum cloud infrastructure and strategy. As Responsum grows fast, the DevOps team is tasked with designing and operating resilient and secure cloud and CI/CD infrastructure that allows our product to operate reliably and our engineering teams to build and release customer facing features rapidly.
We’re building a team that loves moving fast, solving challenging product/engineering problems and providing value to our customers. To be successful, you'll be partnering with front-end, back-end, NLU, AI, and full stack teams to identify their DevOps and infrastructure needs and build elegant solutions. This is an opportunity to play an integral role at the fastest-growing AI startup in its space.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and managing Responsum cloud infrastructure and strategy. You will:
- Closely work with platform, machine learning, search, data, and frontend teams, understand their DevOps and infrastructure needs, influence DevOps roadmap, and lead as well as execute on various projects
- Design, build, and manage the Responsum multi-tenant AWS cloud infrastructure ensuring scalability, performance, observability, resilience, and cost optimization
- Own all Kubernetes clusters and service deployments
- Improve observability and reliability of Responsum systems by managing monitoring and alerting infrastructure (Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty, etc.)
- Build and manage CI/CD pipelines with infrastructure as code and full automation to provision and manage Responsum application stack across different environments
- Design and manage networking infrastructure with best-in-class security practices
- Enhancing the privacy and security posture of the Responsum infrastructure
Your qualities and strengths are:
- Adaptability. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-driven environment and are ready to meet the new business demands.
- Self-motivation. You are self-driven with a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Amazing technical instinct. You are able to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical problems and utilize a variety of specific tools for the development and support of applications.
- Problem-solving skills. You are creative in finding solutions to complex issues.
- Product focus. You understand the balance between speed of delivery and quality.
- Independence. You must be a self-motivated and ambitious individual who has a solid ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Can-do attitude. You are confident and resourceful in the face of challenges and have a contagious energy and enthusiasm.
- Language fluency. Your English is proficient enough to communicate with clients – we work with U.S.-based clients and effective communication in English is a must.
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering and administration
- Strong technical expertise in designing and building AWS cloud infrastructure (IaC) with extensive experience in managing AWS security groups, IAM roles, Elastic Load Balancers, Cloud Formation, AWS CodePipline and other AWS services
- Strong knowledge of VPN, AWS VPC, DNS, etc. and experience in troubleshooting network issues
- Experience with AWS ECR, ECS, EKS services
- Experience with deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters, Vault, Istio, etc.
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery process and security areas such as data backup and recovery, replication, AWS KMS, certificate management, encryption, penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, security tools, etc.
- Comfortability with tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Helm, etc.
- An appetite for working at a startup pace on challenging problems with a high degree of ownership
Bonus points for you:
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in designing, building and optimizing scalable machine learning infrastructure
- Experience in building abstractions to automate various steps in different ML workflows and overall experience with building end-to-end machine learning systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay and bonuses, with an individually tailored benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- Working remotely
- Career challenge in a place full of different opportunities and a wide range of projects for top companies from all major industries
- The resources and support to further your skills and career
- Brilliant teammates, fascinating discussions, and a friendly atmosphere
- A modern high-tech office in the city center with a well-stocked kitchen
Don't wait, apply now and kick-off your career success!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs