Senior Software Engineer, Security
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Security Engineering team within Security. You will be working with the team to take on projects which gather results from many sources, automatically build security into our product, and enable teams to secure themselves. Our risk models put teams in charge of owning risk, making us a trusted partner and reporter. To complete this mission we need people who are passionate about software development and automation - security minded full stack software engineers. We believe in creating teams not rockstars, progress with a path to perfection, and create an environment that fosters research. We measure success not by how many bugs you find or tasks you complete, but by how much risk you reduce in the organization and how you work to improve the security of those around you.
We get to work in an environment that uses infrastructure-as-code, Kubernetes, role-based access, and with engineers who care about the integrity and security of our data.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- Help improve the existing security staff tools ranges from organizational risk management, to audit and permission system that aims to better protect consumer data access
- Design, develop and integrate custom SDL tools to improve the usability of security
- Work across the full technology stack (e.g., AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, CircleCI, Jenkins, Datadog and gRPC, etc.) to solve security, privacy, and compliance issues
- How do you encourage developers to continuously think about security using gamification and giving them results where they live - in the pipeline?
- How do we change the application framework to make security the easiest path?
The Impact You'll Have
You will play a meaningful role in building Carta’s next-gen security development program, leading the technical conversation, making design decisions and building large-scale, complex software. You will work with different groups across the company to address a set of ambiguous security challenges by collecting and analyzing data, proposing solutions in the form of engineering designs based on the findings and own the delivery. Your work will span across technologies, stacks, and languages, and you’ll help ensure a safe and secure workplace for all Cartans.
Roll-up-your sleeves, “swiss army knife” individual who is able to:
- Find non-standard ways to solve interesting problems
- Grow the skills and careers of software engineers on the security team
- Have knowledge of current security threats, trends, and mitigations
- Act as a force multiplier when driving projects in a collaborative environment
- Have interests in security and thinking about how things can go wrong
- Influence stakeholders across teams to get buy-in for your solution
- Break down complex projects into components or milestones that can easily be completed by other engineers
- Cross train others, including guiding and mentoring other developers
- Building new products from scratch and having the breadth and depth of skills to actually make it happen.
- Partner cross-functionally with teams that support rapid identification, incident response and mitigation of threats
- Work with cloud-native architectures
- Secure products built using containerization (specifically, Docker and Kubernetes)
**Role can be based in NYC, SF, Seattle, Waterloo or Remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs