Dalla, TX (Remote)
This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Data Architect eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market.
As part of the Science 37 Tech team, you will collaborate with motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals working together to achieve Science 37’s mission of changing the world of clinical research through patient-centered design. You will have a hands-on role with the architecture and development of NORA® (Network Oriented Research Assistant), the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking Metasite™ clinical research model and collaborates with Product, Data, Clinical Operations, and other relevant stakeholders to define study-specific NORA requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a high energy Data Architect who will help drive the database elements surrounding our proprietary systems. This position will report to the Director, Enterprise Architecture and will work with our architects, software engineers, product managers, and DevOps to help design database solutions and architecture, assist the team with database problems and optimization and help drive the execution of our increasingly iterative SDLC. Database Architect is responsible for the following:
- Being part of a team that builds amazing software and improves the systems we already have
- Install, configure, monitor and maintain databases in the production, development, testing environments
- Define database physical and logical structure, functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Define and implement database schemas and configurations working with our development teams
- Optimize database performance by identifying and resolving application bottlenecks, tuning of DB queries, implementation of stored procedures, conducting performance tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Working with development team design and implement reporting capabilities
- Implement solutions for database performance monitoring and tuning
- Recommend operational efficiencies, eliminate duplicate work efforts and remove unnecessary complexities; create and implement new procedures and workflows
- Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies
- Utilize an understanding of Agile management to help the team with all release and configuration related tasks around software builds into preproduction and production environments.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with more than 6+ years of Database Administration experience
- Strong architectural & database design skills
- Experience using SQL, NoSQL and Graph Databases
- Thrive in fast-paced, agile environments, and able to learn new areas quickly
- Must have experience with AWS (other cloud providers are a plus)
- Deep knowledge on data architecture for microservices from identifying data types to selecting a database model, designing, implementing and operating in production.
- Experience across different database platforms and tools such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, MongoDB, AWS Neptune, Cassandra, Neo4j
- Experience designing and building data lake and data warehouse solutions
- Linux Server basic hands-on admin experience.
- Experience with Cloud Computing management on the AWS platform
- Scripting experience with Python or Bash required.
- Experience with Monitoring/Alert planning for data services.
- Broad knowledge of common infrastructure technologies such as web servers, load balancers, etc.
- Expertise with highly available database technologies like clustering, replication, mirroring, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications.
- Extensive knowledge of administration, replication, backup and restore of relational databases
- Experience with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and Dataweave a plus.
- Solid understanding of load balancing and high volume, high availability environments
- Knowledge of SDLC and project management methodologies (JIRA experience is a plus)
- Able to analyze and review current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement and cost savings
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic with good time management with the ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Understanding of conduct of clinical trials
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry
- Understanding of regulatory framework for software delivery
- Experience with operational efficiency improvement initiatives
- Experience with CSV (Computer Systems Validation)
- Experience with SAFe methodology
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SpiraTest is a plus
- Experience using both SQL, NoSQL and Graph Databases
- Experienced in automation and automation tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon Aurora
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon DocumentDB
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon Neptune
- Apache Cassandra
The incumbent is required to work under the guidance and direction of the Director, Enterprise Architecture with little to minimal supervision.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs