Technical Customer Success Manager
Minneapolis, MN, Remote
Posted 1 month ago
This position will be remote and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our Customer Success team. That’s where you come in.
You will be working cooperatively with the Sales, Support, Professional Services, Documentation, Product, and Engineering teams to help our customers realize their business objectives through the use of Pantheon’s platform. Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, you will build an understanding of the customer’s needs and proactively help identify ways in which they can interact with Pantheon to increase their productivity and results. Our Customer Success Managers partner with customers to ensure they are getting the most value possible from our platform.
Working directly with our largest customers and partners, you will support their growth and provide a knowledgeable, responsive and a personable main point of contact during their entire journey on the platform. In this role you will deliver technical reviews that include detailed information about platform use, site health, WebOps best practices, and opportunities for early access to platform features. This team partners with our sales team and is responsible for retaining and expanding our current customer relationships, building WebOps champions, and creating positive advocates throughout the Pantheon customer-base and larger community that lead directly to partner referrals, testimonials, and case studies.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Ensure an exceptional experience for our customers and partners by understanding their business objectives and helping to drive adoption of core functionality
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with our customers by building a program vision and providing value throughout the customer partnership as they deliver on their program roadmap
- Engage closely with the Program Lead and Executive Sponsor of each customer, as well as other strategic leaders that influence the direction of the account
- As the steward of the customer relationship, you’ll work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure a consistent and strong customer message is embedded in our processes
- Identify and forecast expansion opportunities and partner with Sales to successfully close such opportunities
- Creatively analyze and drive adoption within the customer base, including engaging departmental leaders who are utilizing the solution well and influencing where adoption may be improved
- Diagnose risks - take action to solve or mitigate such risks
- Monitor and achieve group KPIs including but not limited to: renewal %, upsell %, monthly active usage, and CSAT
- Identify key customer advocates that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, references, etc
- Turn every customer and partner into a Pantheon champion and lifetime Pantheon customer and advocate
What You Bring to the Table
- 3-5 years experience in a role directly supporting customers as a CSM, web developer, digital consultant, or technical support engineer
- Solid working knowledge of Git and the command line
- Strong familiarity with Wordpress development is a must
- Familiarity with Drupal is helpful too
- Salesforce or similar CRM systems proficiency
- Proven track record in managing clients, client retention, and growth
- Solid communication skills with the ability to manage tough conversations in a professional and solution-oriented manner
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Bonus Points for
- Existing Pantheon champion or very familiar with the value and challenges of WebOps
- Experience with continuous delivery and agile workflows
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
- Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m)
- Pantheon is one of America’s Best Workplaces of 2019
- Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in “Best Software Awards” by G2 Crowd
- Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19)
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.