UX Researcher & Usability Analyst
Remote - Austin, Texas, United States
About ActivTrak :
The sudden rise in new remote work models has triggered an increase in the adoption of collaboration tools, an acceleration of digital transformations, and the need for visibility into how work gets done. Legacy metrics for assessing productivity in the workplace alone, are no longer sufficient for making the right business decisions in today’s reality. Companies must redefine their tech stack and data-driven dashboards to gain insights into how to inspire employees, boost team efficiency and promote positive outcomes-- all while building a culture based on trust and transparency. Redefining the measurement of performance in the workplace is one of the most important things an organization can do to modernize their workplace. And at ActivTrak, we’re taking on this challenge.
ActivTrak is a product-led, innovative software company that introduced it’s award-winning workforce analytics platform in 2015. Our cloud-based platform provides productivity insights into how teams work, improving employee and customer experience, while also enabling better business outcomes. At ActivTrak, we recognize the powerful link between these two concepts and we're on a mission to understand it more every day. Alongside 9,000+ paying customers, our team uses the platform internally to assess team and organizational performance, hone product features, develop best practices, streamline processes, invest in new innovations, and promote a culture of immediate feedback and transparency.
We are a fast-growing, agile company with a forward-thinking, inclusive culture. Our teams are encouraged to collaborate daily to solve challenges, create and champion new ideas, and execute initiatives that help global customers and their modern workforces succeed by working better together. We’ve grown our team to over 100 people, raised over $70M from some of the best venture capital firms around like Sapphire Ventures and Elsewhere Partners, and have experienced triple digit growth
with ARR in eight figures. Customers love our product - with an average rating of 4.7/5 stars across 800+ online reviews.
About the role:
As a UX Researcher & Usability Analyst at ActivTrak, you should be innately curious about people and experienced in a wide variety of research methods including usability studies, heuristic evaluations, survey design, focus groups and more. This individual should have an understanding of user interface design principles and proven real world experience conducting research as part of the product development lifecycle.
What you will do:
● Work collaboratively with Product Management, Customer Success, Marketing, Sales, Productivity Lab and UX leads in order to define and design research engagements.
● Identify and recruit research participants from existing customers, prospects and other parties.
● Divide your time across strategic research, problem validation, and solution validation, spanning the entire product.
● Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
● Collaborate with product and development teams by intimately understanding our target personas and use cases.
● Help define and communicate user needs, goals, and motivations through actionable insights and prioritization through research deliverables.
● Guide the UX team on evaluative research projects and in how to create, and master the use of, strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
● Plan and conduct usability testing in partnership with UX designers, clearly and confidently presenting design proposals and usability test results to a variety of stakeholders.
● Form a working understanding of the technology and features of the ActivTrak platform.
● Evangelize research. Share user insights with the broader organization and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
● An entrepreneurial spirit. You should be a proactive problem solver with the ability to identify areas of opportunity and then create and execute plans to address them.
● Significant professional experience with mixed methods user research.
● Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
● Experience identifying and recruiting research participants.
● Experience integrating user research into product designs.
● Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to facilitate collaborative sessions
● Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
● Experience working for a tech startup.
● Experience working with a remote team.
● B2B/Enterprise software experience.
● Position is remote within US
● Minimal travel may be required when traveling restrictions are lifted
● Limited physical demands
We have seven foundational values that are core to who we are and how we work:
● Customer-focused: Our customers are the lifeblood of the business
● Respectful: Treat everyone with respect, decency and kindness
● Innovative: Be bold; experiment and learn/fail fast
● Data-driven: Measure what matters most
● Open and direct: Engage is open and direct dialogue across teams
● Accountable: Be accountable to each other, our customers, our partners and yourself.
● Execution-oriented: We value the spirit of debate, new ideas and fast decision-making
This is an incredible opportunity to embark on an exciting journey with an early-stage, dynamic VC-backed company. If you have a positive attitude towards urgency, risk, and challenges that comes with working in a startup environment, then you will be a great fit! To see the many faces of ActivTrak, visit https://activtrak.com/our-team/.
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. ActivTrak does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs