Machine Learning Ops Engineer
About the team:
At Sift, we enhance trust and safety in the digital world with our AI driven technology platform. Our products deliver payment protection, ensure content integrity, and protect account defense for businesses around the world. The Machine Learning Platform team exists to enable product teams to construct and operate their production machine learning services as effectively as possible.
The team does this by providing a platform which handles the common needs of the product teams including production system integration, model training, model availability, health and monitoring infrastructure for model serving, and a streamlined model release process.
What you'll do:
As a Model Release Engineer in the Machine Learning Platform team, you will primarily be responsible for training ML models and deploying models. Additionally, you will manage our model training and release pipeline that enables all our product teams to enhance their models.
Specifically, you will:
- Champion the model release process by improving existing systems and building tools to make the release of new machine learning models fast, easy, safe, and minimally disruptive.
- Implement easily maintainable data processing pipelines.
- Motivate, listen and empathize, and help engineers and data scientists to excel.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 2+ years of professional software development experience or a degree in CS (or a related field) with 1+ years of experience.
- Experience solving problems with production systems, and building solutions and automations to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java and Python.
- Proven experience with automation and knowledge of configuration management tools.
- Experience with workflow management tools such as Apache Airflow.
- Experience with Relational and Non-relational databases.
- Strong debugging, testing, tuning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output.
- Self-starter, with a quick learning curve.
- Experience working with data processing technologies for batch processing, such as Apache Spark and MapReduce.
- Practical knowledge of how to build end-to-end ML workflows.
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS cloud stack for web services and big data processing.
- Familiarity with Docker and container clustering technologies like Kubernetes, GKE or AWS ECS.
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs