UX/UI Designer - Web
Eight Sleep is the world’s first sleep fitness company. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $70 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod Pro is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition but still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why we are hiring a UX/UI Designer with extensive experience designing high-performing e-commerce websites as well as web applications for consumer use. The ideal candidate has worked within a start-up or midsize company in small squad-like teams -- high-growth e-commerce and subscription service experience is a big plus. This is the first full-time design hire for the Web team, so the ideal candidate is someone who likes to lead, is an outstanding individual contributor, can take ownership of the end to end workflow, and is self-driven and motivated in their work. Someone with a high bar for product quality, and a passion for health tech and wellness will thrive in this role.
How you'll contribute
First and foremost, we are a mission-driven company, so passion for what we do and our mission is key. At a high level, the role encompasses three areas:
- Design: You’ll sit at the intersection of Growth and Product, creating new e-commerce funnels that drive company growth as well as innovative web experiences that create new value for our existing users. Your responsibilities will encompass the full spectrum of product design, from information architecture and low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity mockups, and everything in-between.
- Validate: You’ll conduct usability studies and user interviews to inform design work. You’ll use data to inform success or failure of design.
- Iterate: You’ll combine qualitative and quantitative customer insights to make design decisions that improve our web experience and move the needle on conversion and retention.
Some other details about the role:
- You’ll work as part of an interdisciplinary team to deliver successful experiences that drive business growth and user value.
- You’ll help build, document and organize the UI components of our design system.
- You’ll serve as the subject matter expert responsible for web design patterns and interactions - including researching and staying up-to-date on emerging web and e-commerce design trends and best practices
What you need to succeed:
- You are interested in the health and wellness space, particularly in sleep.
- 2-3+ years experience in web/e-commerce UX and UI, with a strong portfolio including live examples.
- You’ve shipped your designs to public users and have data that proves either success or failure.
- You are able to consider the technical implications of design decisions, and have the ability to find the right balance between new user value and technical effort.
- You have a passion for user research, from developing to executing user interviews and testing.
- You are obsessed with simplicity, have a high quality bar for the aesthetics in your design.
- You thrive as an independent thinker, and can manage the design process from end to end even in open-ended ambiguous environments.
- You move quickly to explore a wide range of options during your design process.
- You enjoy working remotely.
- You are excited about the opportunity to build a fast-growing brand into an iconic company.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related design field or equivalent experience.
Bonus points for:
- Having built high-growth e-commerce sites and successful products at small and mid size technology startups (with the data to prove it).
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to impact people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Fully distributed workforce
- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs