Product Designer/Sr Product Designer, Manage: Import
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
It’s an exciting time to join our team. We're one of the world’s largest all-remote companies, and we've been intentionally building our culture this way from the start. With more than 1,200 team members in 65+ countries, GitLab is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.
Our Import team helps organizations adopt GitLab. You'll aim to remove the friction for customers who are migrating to GitLab by designing solutions to import artifacts such as code, build pipelines, issues, and epics from other tools into our product.
- Product knowledge: Deeply understand the technology and features of the Import product area. This means you'll need to understand how APIs impact design.
- UX Research: Conduct solution validation with the guidance of your Product Design Manager and incorporate insights into design decisions to fulfill user and business needs.
- Deliverables: Create deliverables for your product area (for example: competitive analyses, user flows, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, etc.) that solve real user problems through the user experience.
- Communication: Communicate the results of UX activities within your product area to the UX department, cross-functional partners within your product area, and other interested GitLab team members using clear language that simplifies complexity.
- Usability: Proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your product area.
- Iteration: Practice design iteration and take part in the monthly release process by breaking down the designs to fit release cadence, reviewing and approving merge requests submitted by developers
- Design system: Keep design components available and up to date in prototyping tools, ensuring that reusable components fit visually and functionally together, actively contribute to the Pajamas Design System.
- Design reviews: Participate in Design Reviews, giving and appropriately receiving feedback.
- UX debt: Understand UX debt and make recommendations for its resolution with the help of other Product Designers or your Product Design Manager.
- You understand the developer workflow and you bring at least a couple of years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You understand how APIs impact design.
- You bring some experience with Git and its command line or other version control tools, developer tooling, frontend code, or data/tool migration knowledge.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You are self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- You're able to demonstrate your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, interaction design, and UI design during our Hiring Process.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- You bring significant industry experience.
- Experience designing for data or tool migration experiences.
- You have a passion for open source tools or experience with GitLab.
- You have experience working with a remote team.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Our hiring process for this Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process can be found within our job family page.
Our UX Department's goal is to make our product easy to use, supportive of contributions from the wider GitLab community, and built for a diverse global community. We want GitLab to be the easiest and most delightful product in its class.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually -- instead, we focus on your results. You can work the hours you choose, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. You can also expect stock options and a competitive salary.
Our compensation calculator will be shared with selected candidates before any interview.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) are fundamental to the success of GitLab. We want to infuse DIB in every way possible and in all that we do. We strive to create a transparent environment where all team members around the world feel that their voices are heard and welcomed. We also aim to be a place where people can show up as their full selves each day and contribute their best. With more than 100,000 organizations using GitLab, our goal is to have a team that is representative of our users.Remote-North America Remote-US Remote-APAC Remote-AMER Remote-EMEA
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs