Staff Content Designer
Remote, United States
Hi there! Slack is looking for an experienced content designer to work closely with product teams and to shape the craft of product content as a whole. Our ideal teammate excels at solving user experience problems with language, and has experience building content systems to help others do the same; makes any microcopy sound clear and human; and is passionate about mentoring other content folks. If this sounds like you — please get in touch.
A bit about Content Design at Slack: We’re part of the Product Design group, and we work to make sure Slack sounds human. We’re a growing team, and we delight in giving and receiving feedback to help each other be the best UX writers and thought partners we can be. We care about wit and deftness with tone, but we care most of all about clarity and helping users get things done. We have strong feelings (oh, do we) about sentence case and exclamation marks — and we’d love to hear yours.
- Own product copy and content strategy for your teams’ features.
- Demonstrate the impact of your work proactively and often. Use data to guide your work and advocate for it.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, and other cross-functional partners to develop a consistent voice, tone, and taxonomy for your product area.
- Define best practices, lead creative exercises, and help set the vision and strategy for your product’s content, and for Content Design as a whole.
- Be an active and available craft mentor to other content designers, and partner with us in building our positive, collaborative, healthy team culture.
- A cover letter and portfolio of your work.
- Experience in product writing, content strategy, and/or copywriting, with a demonstrated record of writing successful UX/UI copy with measurable impact.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent design tools.
- Experience advocating for content and design, garnering resources when needed, and driving projects forward even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience creating and applying style guides and related artifacts to help others write successfully.
- 5+ years of industry experience.*
- Ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams, and proactively manage issues and complexity.
- Leadership skills: the ability to give strong, thoughtful feedback, and an active drive to help others improve.
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context.
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number is the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed — regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 20+ years of experience? Awesome! Please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs